Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Rudy G\'s Tough Talk

Seriously how is this man a legitimate candidate?

This is a long article, but well worth the time to read for any Republican seriously considering rudy for prez.

web page
Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Rudy G\'s Tough Talk

Pretty much reaffirms my impression of him all along. His whole campaign is based on him going "hey, remember me? From 9/11? Ima hero amirite?"
Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Well, I think the article is slanted, but the questions it raises are very good.

I have felt this way about Rudy for a while. I find the whole aura around him a joke. There are also a lot of people in NY that hate his guts for being one of the more ardent supporters of the Rockefeller drug laws passed in the 80's.

I have very little respect for Rudy as a person as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Before I read the article, I just want to say that I am a fan of Rudy, not because of 9/11, but because he was a mayor. To me, he seems down to earth and doesn't have these extravagant policies that seem unattainable. I could be ignorant of him though and could be wrong.

Right now I'm considering Rudy and Huckabee on the R side, and Hillary, Edwards, and Biden on the D side. Those are just preliminary and my opinion will change.

Now, I'm going to read the article and see if my opinion of Rudy changes.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM

I eagerly await your thoughts after reading the article.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:20 PM

This article seems to blame him for the miscommunications of 9/11 between the police and fire dept., but I disagree. The NYPD and the NYFD are so large that they are their own entity in a way. Yes, Rudy could have gotten them together to have a plan, but the fact that they didn't shouldn't be blamed on him. However, that isn't the point of this thread.

I still don't see why he isn't a good candidate. That article wasn't written objectively.

Maybe you can convince me otherwise.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:22 PM

Did you read the entire article and focus only on that one bit?

Edit: Because I agree with you on that matter. I also don't think thats a massive issue in bigger picture.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you read the entire article and focus only on that one bit?

Edit: Because I agree with you on that matter. I also don't think thats a massive issue in bigger picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the entire article, but wrote that after I finished the 3rd page. Everyone is trying to say he's inexperienced. And their only argument is that we shouldn't rely on what happened on 9/11. Yeah, Rudy made some statements about Jihad, whatever, but to me, I still am not persuaded to think differently.

Could you give me your ideas and how you feel about the article?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I read the article, I just want to say that I am a fan of Rudy, not because of 9/11, but because he was a mayor. To me, he seems down to earth and doesn't have these extravagant policies that seem unattainable. I could be ignorant of him though and could be wrong.

Right now I'm considering Rudy and Huckabee on the R side, and Hillary, Edwards, and Biden on the D side. Those are just preliminary and my opinion will change.

Now, I'm going to read the article and see if my opinion of Rudy changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the way you did this. (*makes note to self*)
Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM

If you really think he's your candidate, you should be asking what his stances are on our nations problems. What does he plan to do for the economy? Health Insurance? Budget deficits? Border Security? Foreign relations?

I mean the man was the mayor of a city, while NYC isn't an ordinary city, it still is a [censored] city.

Secondly, his entire platform appears to be "I am a terrorism expert". As the article mentions, thats a crock of [censored] because he really doesn't know anything about it. He knows how to "fight" white collar crime, and he's good at it. Being the mayor of a city that a terrorist attack occurs in doesn't qualify you as a terrorist expert, it simply means you what its like to go through a terrorist attack.

He also claims he has more foreign policy experience than any other candidate. Again, I don't see how this is even plausible.

So basically you have him campaigning on the back of two issues he knows little about. He has nothing to fall back on as far as domestic issues, because he never talks about them. We don't even know what his plan is for anything!

I have never understood this republican infatuation with Rudy. Is it because on 9/11 he acted like how they wanted the President to react? I mean, his core beliefs about family values and abortion seem to fly in the face of core Republican beliefs. So why do Republicans like him?

For that matter, why does anyone think he's qualified to be President?