Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

We simply do not have the traffic of the 6max forums to support having a uNL forum and a SSNL+ forum...

Whats going to happen is in a few months we are going to see lots of NL400-NL600 players not wanting to be grouped with NL100 players and we will be discussing a future split into 3 distinct forums.. uNL FR, SSNL FR, MSNL/HSNL FR...

Which will in turn just create what we fear most even smaller communities and more elitism.

I think a lot of NL100 players are just afraid of losing the hand analysis and input of the players from higher levels and they have ego problems about being lumped into w/ uNL.

However, we need to take a step back and realize that we can help the uNL players and we should be helping them, and that there is enough of a NL100 community already that we can still get quality hand analysis on hand posts, and as we shape and develope the NL25 and NL50 players into NL100 players they will be providing analysis as well.

I just think the split the way I envision it, has the potential to help us get better as players from a standpoint of everyone moreso then including NL100 in the higher forum.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

What a dumb idea to put 5NL,10NL,25NL,50NL,and 100NL together in one forum while leaving 200NL and occasionally some 400NL by themselves.

Horrible idea.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The goal of the forums should be improving each others and ourselves poker game. I think having the split at 200+ and 100 - gives each communitys the chance to succeed with that goal in mind in the best way possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do the 100NL guys learn from?

I think this is more about you wanting to be a mod than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is somehwat out of line, and just because we disagree on an issue, I don't think this needed to be brought up. If you read all my posts, what im suggesting and backing up with my opinions I think benefits the playerbase of the FR players in the best way possible in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a dumb idea to put 5NL,10NL,25NL,50NL,and 100NL together in one forum while leaving 200NL and occasionally some 400NL by themselves.

Horrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at some posters liek DLM and Donktastic they have said that they belive the MSNL/HSNL FR forum would gorw in traffic and get a lot of boost... I could definatly see that forum having lots of nl200-nl600 content, just as much as we would have NL50 and NL100 content.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whats going to happen is in a few months we are going to see lots of NL400-NL600 players

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

You assume that all of the high stakes guys are going to start posting in the new forum.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look at some posters liek DLM and Donktastic they have said that they belive the MSNL/HSNL FR forum would gorw in traffic and get a lot of boost...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is absurd and can easily be turned around the other way.

More micro-stakes players would post in the micro-stakes forum if the higher levels (100NL) weren't there.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about some opinions from the 100NL guys?

[/ QUOTE ]FWIW, I don't care. I hope to be at 200NL at some point soon anyway.

What's most important to me is that the content be good in whatever forum I post in. I haven't been posting here much lately because there hasn't been a lot of good content and most hand posts result in shallow analysis. I don't know if any of this will be improved by a forum split- if so I am all for it. If the forum I fit into has good discussions then I'll participate. If not, I'll probably be less involved.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Also, if my thought processes holds true that the uNL/SSNL FR would act mainly as a learning resource and foster improvement and such, we would ideally in a few months be having much of our posts at t he NL25-NL50 levels with the true uNL and Nl100 being the extreme ends... Since we woudl constantly be moving people up to NL200 and moving people up from NL10 to NL25...

I'll say it again I think lumping NL100 with the lower side, will help with individual player development and we can bring a lot of great stuff to the uNL community and its not like we can't still reply and particapte in hands in the other forums.

What do the uNL posters think? Since they have been mostly silent during a lot of this debate, and they are one of the biggest if not the only reason for discussing this split... THey need to start chiming in as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM

Im finally going out to eat now though...

Hopefully, when I get back you will have calmed down a little Pokerboy, as your tone and attacking nature in a lot of your posts, I didn't expect from you...

And, when I get back, maybe a lot of the uNL players will have chimed in with thier thoughts.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I will be participating in the SSNL/uNL FR forum, I would like to see myself and Berge20 be mods of this new forum

[/ QUOTE ]

This was part of your "plan" for the split.

I think putting this in there was out of line. I think the forums should vote for moderators.

Because this is included, I think you might have other motives.