Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

I agree with some of the things you say. Maybe I missed the memo and don't pay enough attention, but who are all these 200nl+ players you are referring to? I only know of a couple guys that play higher than 200 that I see posting on this forum. I don't if I can think of 20 semi-regulars or regulars that play that high. At least ones that already actively post in this forum. I think that 200NL+ is a good breaking spot as far as strategy goes but I don't know if the quantity of posters up there will really support that. There is always a chance that the split would make that forum grow since it won't have as many micro limits to have to sift through but that is certainly only speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you build it they will come.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM

James Earl Jones gimmick account, would have made that oh so much sweeter.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:45 PM

So you know guys, I'm happy to mod in either forum, both or neither (I'm happy for new blood to take over, and I'm happy to stay. Hell, I'm just a happy guy). I prefer a 'less is more' approach to modding in strat forums, so if you feel you guys need a more active mod, then bear that in mind.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 PM

me
donktastic
themain
grandmelon
renton
beatpurdue
mack
2memebers of steez for sheez
jack frost
capodu
battletoad
bottomset-half the time
gelford
ianbarns
sabr
phresh-lol
twonitty
minetz
soah
too easy
juu
wpr
Mrbobbofitos

of the tops of my head all these guys have spent some reasonable time here and play 200nl+

there are of course more and more would follow with a split
Old 08-08-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

I agree with some of the things you say. Maybe I missed the memo and don't pay enough attention, but who are all these 200nl+ players you are referring to? I only know of a couple guys that play higher than 200 that I see posting on this forum. I don't if I can think of 20 semi-regulars or regulars that play that high. At least ones that already actively post in this forum. I think that 200NL+ is a good breaking spot as far as strategy goes but I don't know if the quantity of posters up there will really support that. There is always a chance that the split would make that forum grow since it won't have as many micro limits to have to sift through but that is certainly only speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that, thats why the NL100 would be the best spot to split. Your not regularly playing there without a clue and a 2000 dollar bankroll. You dont see as many probably because of how many of the other types there are posted. Its too wide...and if you moved there as a new player and saw all NL100 and above posts, youd be more inclined to hang around instead of having to look at old discussions to read a decent hand analysis. I'll start posting more NL200 hands to have more discussions!
Anyone can deposit and play the others for quite awhile. (assuming a college degree and a job; not looking to insult anyone)

[/ QUOTE ]

But here is where your wrong, in my opinion...

A new NL100 player (assuming depositing and just starting) is likely going to be fresh and have a lot to learn. The MSNL/HSNL FR do not want them posting insight into thier hands, Im sure of it...

And what better place for a new NL100 player to learn and get better then a forum, where lots of teaching and improving is constantly going on?

We want people who are here to learn and give back to the community, we don't want people who just want to hang out with the "big boys." So if a lurking NL100 player doesn't want to post in a thread with uNL playes, then [censored] um' we don't want them anyways.

Also, I think you underestimate the ammount of NL100 players we have in this forum, there will still be tons and tons of NL100 hands posted in the uNL/SSNL FR forum.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots and lots of MSNL FR players lurk this forum and don't post beuase of all of the uNL and SSNL content, once they have thier own forum, they will have sufficient traffic. Trust me.... Plus, I think we have a larger base of 200+ reg posters then you may think...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree that I think it would be best to have a uNL forum I just am speculating on how much traffic there would be in ML forum. There are several 200NL guys, sure, but not that many higher at all. You really will be counting on new guys coming into the fray. If you have lots of poker buddies that don't post then that is a reason for you to believe. I personally don't and there really aren't that many guys that regularly post on hands from these limits so you will be basically splitting everything into 200NL and the rest of the world unless you have a good reason to believe you will attract some other players.

Hence the question... who is your informant?

Why should I just trust you on this? You are going to give me something more than that to make me believe that we will get new posters at these levels. I am not saying it won't happen but I am not saying it will either.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you know guys, I'm happy to mod in either forum, both or neither (I'm happy for new blood to take over, and I'm happy to stay. Hell, I'm just a happy guy). I prefer a 'less is more' approach to modding in strat forums, so if you feel you guys need a more active mod, then bear that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're doing a fine job and should stay on in both forums if it happens seeing as you have played a wide range of games.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're doing a fine job and should stay on in both forums if it happens seeing as you have played a wide range of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. You would be one of the mods that mods both forums. Not trying to sound like we want to increase your workload haha. But, im saying your a valuable assest and we would to keep you around for the benfit of both forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. You would be one of the mods that mods both forums. Not trying to sound like we want to increase your workload haha. But, im saying your a valuable assest and we would to keep you around for the benfit of both forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots and lots of MSNL FR players lurk this forum and don't post beuase of all of the uNL and SSNL content, once they have thier own forum, they will have sufficient traffic. Trust me.... Plus, I think we have a larger base of 200+ reg posters then you may think...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree that I think it would be best to have a uNL forum I just am speculating on how much traffic there would be in ML forum. There are several 200NL guys, sure, but not that many higher at all. You really will be counting on new guys coming into the fray. If you have lots of poker buddies that don't post then that is a reason for you to believe. I personally don't and there really aren't that many guys that regularly post on hands from these limits so you will be basically splitting everything into 200NL and the rest of the world unless you have a good reason to believe you will attract some other players.

Hence the question... who is your informant?

Why should I just trust you on this? You are going to give me something more than that to make me believe that we will get new posters at these levels. I am not saying it won't happen but I am not saying it will either.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ask any of the 200NL+ posters they will tell you the same. It's not just me you are trusting, it's the community of 200NL+ players. And a lot of them reguarly post in MSNL and other forums, and they have this knowledge. And I would faith in thier assumptions, because, alas, they know better.

And a community is what you make it out to be, and they have a great core group of posters ready to turn thier community into a great one, put a ltitle fatih in your fellow posters...