Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

After reading Mce posts im now for 100nl+ split. I think that would be the best way to handle things at this point.

[ QUOTE ]

uNL FR is not sufficient enough to be on its own traffic wise and skillset wise, they need the SSNL FR posters to bring traffic and help them learn and grow as players.

If your tired of reading them, don't read them, but I mean I think you should give back to community and read and post in those threads. You don't have to every day or every post that pops up, but occasionally pop in and give some analysis and your opinions on hands and in general theory threads... Give a little back to those below you...

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of benevolent thinking makes me smile, keep up the good work Ryan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like the idea of splitting it at NL200 and up. Almost no one (active) in this forum plays NL400+ and this way we can attract more MSNL guys to come in and start posting.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM

now that ive read grandmelons post i think we should have th forum be 200nl+
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM

Yes I agree that the uNL and the SSNL (NL100 mainly) games are vastly different. However, the benefit of having SSNL FR and uNL FR players is not for the day to day hand analysis.

It's for two purposes....

1) To increase traffic, since those two communities are not sufficient enough on their own to sustian and support a wortwhile forum.

2) For discussing theory and concepts... Many many many SSNL still lack a firm understanding of solid poker theory and have difficulty with rather simple concepts. And obvsiouly the uNL players also have the same problems. Putting the two togetehr, will help reinforce those skillsets in the NL50 and NL100 players who struggle with them and will help teach the uNL players them as well...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now that ive read grandmelons post i think we should have th forum be 200nl+

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit wishwashing... NL200+ is clearly the best split...Stay on board now..
Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Ryan,

I agree with some of the things you say. Maybe I missed the memo and don't pay enough attention, but who are all these 200nl+ players you are referring to? I only know of a couple guys that play higher than 200 that I see posting on this forum. I don't if I can think of 20 semi-regulars or regulars that play that high. At least ones that already actively post in this forum. I think that 200NL+ is a good breaking spot as far as strategy goes but I don't know if the quantity of posters up there will really support that. There is always a chance that the split would make that forum grow since it won't have as many micro limits to have to sift through but that is certainly only speculation.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I agree that the uNL and the SSNL (NL100 mainly) games are vastly different. However, the benefit of having SSNL FR and uNL FR players is not for the day to day hand analysis.

It's for two purposes....

1) To increase traffic, since those two communities are not sufficient enough on their own to sustian and support a wortwhile forum.

2) For discussing theory and concepts... Many many many SSNL still lack a firm understanding of solid poker theory and have difficulty with rather simple concepts. And obvsiouly the uNL players also have the same problems. Putting the two togetehr, will help reinforce those skillsets in the NL50 and NL100 players who struggle with them and will help teach the uNL players them as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

To adress this and add some more things as well...

I foresee uNL/SSNL FR as being a great forum. One with significant traffic from both uNL (who now finally have a home) and for SSNL players who now get to play the roles of teachers or big brothers so to speak, while still posting and analysing amongst ourselves.

I have big plans for this uNL/SSNL FR forum... Use it as sort of a great learning resource for lots of the uNL players, with lots of general threads on theory and important concepts and skillsets that will help a uNL transistion and eventually move up to SSNL FR and also that will help lots of SSNL FR players rebuild thier shaky foundations and really hammer home the fundamentals, because, lets be honest a lot of NL100 players really could use this.

And plus we will have tons of hands and stuff posted as well.

This could really turn into something great for the uNL and SSNL FR community.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

I agree with some of the things you say. Maybe I missed the memo and don't pay enough attention, but who are all these 200nl+ players you are referring to? I only know of a couple guys that play higher than 200 that I see posting on this forum. I don't if I can think of 20 semi-regulars or regulars that play that high. At least ones that already actively post in this forum. I think that 200NL+ is a good breaking spot as far as strategy goes but I don't know if the quantity of posters up there will really support that. There is always a chance that the split would make that forum grow since it won't have as many micro limits to have to sift through but that is certainly only speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that, thats why the NL100 would be the best spot to split. Your not regularly playing there without a clue and a 2000 dollar bankroll. You dont see as many probably because of how many of the other types there are posted. Its too wide...and if you moved there as a new player and saw all NL100 and above posts, youd be more inclined to hang around instead of having to look at old discussions to read a decent hand analysis. I'll start posting more NL200 hands to have more discussions!
Anyone can deposit and play the others for quite awhile. (assuming a college degree and a job; not looking to insult anyone)
Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots and lots of MSNL FR players lurk this forum and don't post beuase of all of the uNL and SSNL content, once they have thier own forum, they will have sufficient traffic. Trust me. I think all of those players would agree to this as well, that they really have a lot of potential growth.

Plus, I think we have a larger base of 200+ reg posters then you may think...

Also, while there always is an influx of new uNL and SSNL players, there isn't that for MSNL FR and above players, so they will be relying on players from the uNL/SSNL FR forum to move up and contribute to thier forum as well. Which is why again its so important that we have a great uNL/SSNL FR community to help these players that are goign to eventually be moving up to MSNL FR delevope as both players and posters...