Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Passive showing turn strength

31/5/.9 61 wtsd over 91 hands.
I haven't played against someone this passive in awhile, but I don't know how much to trust it with the small sample size and high wtsd. One note I have is she opened in the SB, bet atw on a drawy board and folded to a river raise on a blank card, I think she thought she was bluffing there fwiw.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 10-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Passive showing turn strength

Hand 1: With more hands on villain and some solid reads that he doesn't get out of line from time to time, I can find a fold. With just 91 hands and that read I don't trust villain and call down.

Hand 2: I can't see what he would raise on turn that you beat. Maybe a semibluff but he doesn't seem like the semibluffing type right? I would fold this in the turn.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 AM

1) without a strong read i call down, make a note and fold the next time

2) it's a fastfoldforme
Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 AM

both are standard
Old 10-13-2007, 10:31 AM

Yo Sharpie.

Not enough hands to decide that he is passive.

Lets say that read is over 2k hands. Then I'd fold hand 2 pretty fast and I think it would be a bad call down, and I'd call down non spade and Q, J river in the first.

Given your way to few hands you cant make such decisions here. Call down both and make a note.

Notes &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; AF stats.

I really respect your game and I try to not play at your tables when I am at stars. But given the few number of hands, both these decisions are pretty straight forward IMO
Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Hand 1 you can't fold. He could be raising worse aces here (or semibluffing).

Hand 2 I call down as well. It's a steal situation and there's some semibluffing hands out there. With a better read, that he's usually passive in these spots, I could find a fold.