Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Default NL500 KQ - standard?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($492.50)
BB ($575.00)
UTG ($179.53)
MP ($520.38)
CO ($610.63)
Hero ($485.00)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]3 folds</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $20</font>, [color=Red]SB raises to $72.5</font>, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, Hero calls $52.50.

Flop: ($150) T[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], 5[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 9[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]SB bets $123</font>, Hero calls $123.

Turn: ($396) J[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]SB bets $299.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $289.50 (All-In).

River: ($985) K[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $985

I usually don't float that often so is this standard or bad?? I'm like a 20/15 tag and villain seemed like a basic player but no read whatsoever.

How do you like this generally speaking? Of course it's easy now that i hit the nutttzzzzs but if turn is a blank what is the best line, what do you think, then?

Villain had 8's here
Old 10-31-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: NL500 KQ - standard?

Uh fold preflop with no read unless he was just 3-betting you with instructional cards preflop.

Floating flop sucks IMO since one or both your overs are usually no good. If turn is blank and he bets, ez-fold. I might bet river if it's a scare card that isn't an Ace, but usually just shut down.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah, folding, that's my basic line but just wanted to check this one out. There was heavy 3-betting going on and some 4betting too.

Standard is bit stupid in the post name, basically meant that is this a float that can be done profitably or just serious spewing.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:26 PM

I have no idea why we're calling the flop here. At best, we have four outs to the nuts, and six outs to pair, but we're calling $123 when he only has another $300 behind? Doesn't seem like an ideal peel. Agreed that there are many times where one/both your overs aren't good.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:26 PM

calling flop is horrible. shove or fold flop.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

i don't really understand why shove would be better. not many hands that beat me fold.

I guess calling isn't good then either but basically i was thinking that I have 4 outs to nuts, 6 outs to a possible best hand and i can take down the pot often when then turn is a blank 'cos i doubt it the villain will 2nd barrel he's AK/AQ/XX after my call.

Tried something out of the ordinary, but i guess i shoud stick to my normal solid routines.

That has to be a suspicious looking and dangerous call in villain´s perspective still though.

Edit: Okay, i guess i now give Ak/AQ a chance to hit too and i couldn't extract any more money from them anyway so shoving would be better in that sense. The more i think about it the more i agree that this is quite bad. Not the worst, but bad still. I think I should fold KQ preflop still if iäm not playing this flop on position, not sure.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM

But if you decide to call pre-flop 3-bets with KQ, shouldn't you shove this flop then????
Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 PM

Yes that is what you should do SHOOOOVE