Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Almost there with Success and Failure (Long)

The EASIEST way to avoid stupid players catching hands is to play out of a REAL deck of cards -- not from those supposedly "random" decks you get on "poker" sites like JokerStars and Full Tilt River. Sites such as these HAVE to help the idiots, otherwise when all the donkeys lost all their money and quit playing, the sites like FTR would go broke.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The EASIEST way to avoid stupid players catching hands is to play out of a REAL deck of cards -- not from those supposedly "random" decks you get on "poker" sites like JokerStars and Full Tilt River. Sites such as these HAVE to help the idiots, otherwise when all the donkeys lost all their money and quit playing, the sites like FTR would go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

gigabet blockhead theory QED
Old 03-20-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, dont you guys know online poker is rigged? lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2007, 02:42 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this post. All I have to do now is substitute poker with life!

Yugoslav
Old 06-23-2007, 11:17 AM

Bump QFT
Old 06-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Gigabet, the Hegelian philosopher.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM

"Now do this for every hand for every player that is in the hand, for every player at the table, for every table that you are playing at. Try and eight table while doing this exercise. Put effort into every single hand that is played out at your table, not just the ones you are involved in, every single hand. Every time there is a showdown, and the losing hand is mucked, open up the hand history file, and see what he had. Go through the hand again and see if you can figure out why he willingly showed down a losing hand(something that should rarely be done.)"

Unless OP has an elaborate setup that greatly simplifies multi-tabling (in which case someone with a photograhic memory might be able to benefit) this is just plain unrealistic.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Now do this for every hand for every player that is in the hand, for every player at the table, for every table that you are playing at. Try and eight table while doing this exercise. Put effort into every single hand that is played out at your table, not just the ones you are involved in, every single hand. Every time there is a showdown, and the losing hand is mucked, open up the hand history file, and see what he had. Go through the hand again and see if you can figure out why he willingly showed down a losing hand(something that should rarely be done.)"

Unless OP has an elaborate setup that greatly simplifies multi-tabling (in which case someone with a photograhic memory might be able to benefit) this is just plain unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

And here I thought the bump comment would be silly!

Yugoslav
Old 06-26-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLTAKINGITLITERALLYAMENTS (i did the same thing 2 years ago)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 PM

A question for someone who is trying to improve (though there may not necessarily be success and failure, there is growth):

I have been trying to work on reads (both pre and post flop)and have found my progress to be much slower than I had hoped. While I am not looking specifically for short cuts (as often they end up leaving large holes in understanding) I am looking for guidance on the "how" to learn reads. I have a decent understanding of the math, and some understanding of player types, but just find that my reads and ranges are farther off the mark than I believe they should / could be...critically appraising my game, it is a leak.

I was just wondering...short of staring at screens hand after hand (unfortunately I don't have the bankroll to do this for a long time, and we all know that the "free" sites probably do more harm to our hand reading skills then help), is there any guide / book / exercise / software / tutor / whatever that can move a student in the right direction?

I understand if there isn't, but since this originally was a thread on essentially "being one" with the game (and life for that matter) I thought it might be a good place to ask the corollary question (i.e. if the first question is "what"...the second question might be "how").

Thanks.

Fammy