Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes?

I vote no

Again.....
Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 PM

If the forum is split into micro and then everything else and traffic decreases - isn't it easy to just recombine the forums again?

I would think that the traffic might increase a little bit if the forums are split as others have said, but if not - recombining them seems to be a very easy thing to do.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM

I support the split, it's too cluttered and I don't feel like posting in Fr and getting advice on how to play a hand from people who don't even play in my limit b/c they are completely different games
Old 10-20-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember that what is clutter to you might be a gem for someone else if you take the 30 seconds to direct them the right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree, like just recently someone posted a bunch of bad beat stories from NL10 as strategy posts, I'm sure it annoys everyone who reads those threads. Its much rarer to find spam like that at higher limit threads. I certainly understand those non-micro players that want the split. To be honest I think the major reason that I'd hate to have the forum split is that I really like the advice I get from people who play higher. If the forum is split we micro-guys will be stuck with the random noise while we'll probably get less advice from people who play above us - so there is really no upside for us micro-players for a split.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:11 PM

split please
Old 10-20-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree, like just recently someone posted a bunch of bad beat stories from NL10 as strategy posts, I'm sure it annoys everyone who reads those threads. Its much rarer to find spam like that at higher limit threads. I certainly understand those non-micro players that want the split. To be honest I think the major reason that I'd hate to have the forum split is that I really like the advice I get from people who play higher. If the forum is split we micro-guys will be stuck with the random noise while we'll probably get less advice from people who play above us - so there is really no upside for us micro-players for a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the reason the forum isn't getting as much traffic:

A lot of the mid-high stakes players don't post here because of all of the noise (2NL-10NL posts).

A lot of the micro-stakes players don't post here because they feel 'inadequate'. I actually had several send me PMs during our last discussion on this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the FR forum is low volume, but disagree as to the reasons why.

I think the main reason is simply that less people play full ring than 6-max. Check out the main blog sites like wordpress and blogspot and browse the poker blogs. - I'd estimate that over 75% of them play only 6-max.

That would also explain why the major video training sites like Cardrunners and Stoxpoker don't offer many FR videos - I'm sure they would if they thought there was enough demand, afer all money talks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm currently a winning player at $25NL and am currently grinding, and moving up the levels.

I always make the effort to clearly put the level I play at in the subject and I really appreciate it if and when I get advice from players like yourself from the higher levels.

I think a forum split would just result in less than half the current traffic in both new forums and then the FR section would definitely be the laughing stock of 2+2!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
split please

[/ QUOTE ]

Give this man his own forum and only let those of us with >15% vpip in it.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2
Old 10-20-2007, 05:43 PM

YES PLEASE!!!

If I have to read one more NL25 hand vs. an obvious set asking if they need to fold i'm going to shoot myself.