Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome...is it dangerous?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is the first 4 to get the gold stars get to be on the council next. It's worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno about that. good theory...but i just think some of the council are doing a good enough job an have gained the respect of their peers that it wouldn't be smart. but then again, this show seems to just randomly introduce things so it will probably happen.

so what intrigued me last night was thinking about the casting for this show. greg talked about his work as a butcher. i'm sure that came up in interviews and was essential to his casting. its obvious now that the producers essentially created a group of 40 kids that could suffice together. there are animal experts from farms, butchers, probably other things im forgetting, and more we will learn about later. kinda lame.

the chicken situation would have been 100x more awesome if they didnt have such an expertise. oh well.

as for these kids trying to be all smart talking about needing the chicken for their protein...its funny because there are stacks of cans of beans and those kids probably only think there is protein in dead animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegetarian?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as for these kids trying to be all smart talking about needing the chicken for their protein...its funny because there are stacks of cans of beans and those kids probably only think there is protein in dead animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad there were no nutrition information labels in 1885.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome.

I did not at all have a problem with Michael getting the star over Greg, even though I think Greg had an all star performance this week. Michael is a good kid, he was in the running for the star last time, and he works very hard and genuinely seems to be interested in the town as a whole. What I DID have a problem with is Mike saying Greg didn't deserve the star because his effort stepped up only after the advent of the gold star. And not because Mike was wrong about Greg's motive...but because Greg DID put forth greater effort. And his effort greatly benefitted the town. But mostly, because Mike's real reason was because he doesn't like Greg and to me giving out the star based on who you like and don't like seems worse than working hard in hopes of receiving the star.

I'm not super gung-ho on Greg, but I see potential in him. I'm no psychologist, but I suspect some of the behaviors I don't like about him stem from his need for approval and to have his value acknowledged. I think the council had a chance to throw him a bone...when he actually deserved it...and could have retained a huge asset for the town had winning the star made him feel like his efforts were appreciated.

Based on the previews for next epi, I suspect Greg's not quite man enough to work hard for another week. Kind of a shame.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM

^^^--- tl, but I read it all and agree 100%
Old 09-28-2007, 12:59 AM

I watched it this week and I love how you all are trying to analyze the decision. They're kids with irrational thoughts. They liked Michael because he would say something that would make them laugh every once in a while and penalized Greg for working his ass off because "he was trying for the star". So what if it was tyring for the star? He did more work than most of those kids combined. Even if he only did it to get the star, he still did it.

I don't think I can watch the show anymore because these kids will put me on life tilt.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vegetarian?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no i love meat. i guess i was commenting on how they sorta became mini savages.

or maybe its because this girl i think is hot is a vegetarian and im standing up for her...
Old 09-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Damn the kids who didn't want to give greg the star because of his motivation for working hard are in for a harsh wake up call when they realize what capitalism is about. Although to be fair, obv Mike is a whiney douche who is just using that excuse to dick over an older kid he doesn't like. Oh, and it would have been great if they had killed too many of the chickens and denied themselves eggs for the rest of the show [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched it this week and I love how you all are trying to analyze the decision. They're kids with irrational thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious??? Did you even watch it??? They seemed to be pretty rational to me--aside from being kids. I mean, the ten year old yellow team leader is turning into a selfish bitch and the red guy is a bit power hungry, but they are thinking clearly and rationally. Please explain why you think they are being irrational; I see no evidence of this.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this show anything like the South Park episode where all the parents in town are arrested for molestering there kids and Cartman becomes mayor.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Watched both eps, think it's decent so far

I'm surprised that the kids were smarter about who to give the gold star to than a lot of OOT, giving the gold star to the kid who just wants the money and will stop working again right after he gets it = bad idea. Not to mention Greg is clearly less deserving than the kid who won it (Michael?), no way Greg would even consider giving the money to his parents