Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick 1 WR
Randy Moss vs. AZ 4 66.67%
Lee Evans vs. NE 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Which HSP players could beat 5/10 NL online?

[ QUOTE ]
does Eli Elezra not know what a continuation bet is?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Even $10 nl players know what a continuation bet is. If you don't believe me open up PS $10 nl tables and check it out. If you can't figure out what more a player has to know than what continuation betting is to beat $5/10 nl then there's not much left to say.

[ QUOTE ]
and your location is 12 tabling, that means you must play like a robot and miss half the information that goes on at the table

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, I can pick up more information about what's going on and adjust to it better at each of my 12 tables individually than eli/farha/gold could at 1 table. This is assuming their current knowledge of the game is being based on what we've seen on tv.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's why I play the 5/10 where it's much easier and I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I play 500nl mostly but also play 1knl from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, didn't you know that 5/10nl games are redic soft? bad players take tons of money out of those games, yet you "sorta" stay up at 1knl. lol, fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anywhere in my quote where I ever said "I sorta stay up at the 5/10". I've played over 80k hands at that level and have won a good amount, it's just not my regular level that I play, hence time to time. I just put a downpayment on a condo and pay for school with my winnings, so I have to cash out often and don't have the proper roll to play it as my regular game. I don't see how that makes me a fish. Good use of logic though.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 PM

[censored] yeah baby, i got a 100%, 7 correct out of 7. this is the first test i've aced in forever.

btw, antonio, greenstein and matusow for sure. helmuth maybe.

and [Phil] or whatever, you're an idiot.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can just go by what I've seen by the play at that level. Don't get me wrong the winningest players at the 5/10 are very good players, but there's a big difference between beating the level for 10BB and 2BB. All I'm saying is that a player who wins at 2BB at the 5/10 makes many mistakes and isn't that good of a player, but is a winning player at that stake nonetheless. Combine that with the losing players, and I think that most of the pros listed could beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honest question, have you ever played 5/10 nl on PS or FTP? You mentioned playing $500 nl mostly which PS/FTP do not offer which leads me to believe you're playing on some non USA site, in which case, yes, most of these pros besides gold probably could beat it. FTP/PS is far different.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can just go by what I've seen by the play at that level. Don't get me wrong the winningest players at the 5/10 are very good players, but there's a big difference between beating the level for 10BB and 2BB. All I'm saying is that a player who wins at 2BB at the 5/10 makes many mistakes and isn't that good of a player, but is a winning player at that stake nonetheless. Combine that with the losing players, and I think that most of the pros listed could beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honest question, have you ever played 5/10 nl on PS or FTP? You mentioned playing $500 nl mostly which PS/FTP do not offer which leads me to believe you're playing on some non USA site, in which case, yes, most of these pros besides gold probably could beat it. FTP/PS is far different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play 500nl on this small site called True Poker, where the highest game offered is 1knl and it rarely runs. I don't play stars, but the ~80k hands that I've played at 5/10 have been on FT hu and 6 max tables and that was about 6 months ago.

Anyways, just wanted to give my opinion on the subject, take it with a grain of salt if you will.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:39 AM

Sammy played Brian $1000/$2000 mixed PLO and NLHE. If he couldn't beat 5-10 NL, I'm pretty sure Brian could have folded nearly every PLO hand and still have a big enough edge in NLHE to make it +EV. I'm pretty sure when push came to shove he could beat 5-10 NLHE.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 AM

I voted Antonio and just him. I honestly don't know how much Barry plays NLHE cash but from what I've seen he'd probably shortstack and when shortstacking these games he might get torn up by the tough regulars. My perception of the games isn't as good as the people who play it obviously but whenever I play on FTP the average player is incredibly competent and very aggro.

EDIT: Also this thread is amazing just for donkey miller's responses. Capture the dream buddy.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted Antonio and just him. I honestly don't know how much Barry plays NLHE cash but from what I've seen he'd probably shortstack and when shortstacking these games he might get torn up by the tough regulars. My perception of the games isn't as good as the people who play it obviously but whenever I play on FTP the average player is incredibly competent and very aggro.

EDIT: Also this thread is amazing just for donkey miller's responses. Capture the dream buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have heard the good shortstackers have very, very high winrates. Whether or not he played full stack, I think Barry would do at least as well as Antonio.

lol@ the guys who still think 5/10 is absurdly easy. The gap in skill between 5/10 and 10/20 players is shrinking pretty quickly imo.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 AM

Assuming these players would play at a 6-max 5/10 online table with no ante/aggressive preflop play/and 100BB stacks, like they play at a full ring high stakes deep stack game with an ante is beyond stupid. I'm sure all of them have the skill set required to beat 5/10, possibly with the exception of Gold.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:25 AM

Im constantly amazed how many people underestimate Jamie Gold. Id guess he is better than 90% of the people in this thread. I admit that given the list in OP he is probably the worst of the lot, but this is not because of his HSP showings or anything, its simply his lack of experience. right now his game comfortably beats weak players and when he is playing well he can beat a lot of good players too.

Could he beat it now, probably not. But by the same token ive seen no evidence that Hellmuth, Eli, Farha and Matusow could beat these stakes online too.

I especially laugh at the ones who say people like Eli etc can learn to play 5/10 online, but Jamie has no chance of doing the same. Im sorry, but is your head inserted that far up your own arse?

I would also guess that Barry and Antonio would struggle, but they are the most suitable imo.

The simple fact is all these players have games based around the live setting.

It seems a lot of you really do care about what the OP represents, but your views are just that and no one can truly say for sure who can and cant beat XYZ stakes.