Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Burgler throws bricks at cops up the block from me

So, I've been [censored] around online and watching TV, and theres a huge number of sirens going by outside. Several police cars including a few ESU trucks. I kinda ignore it, then here a helicopter outside, and then the chopper gets incredibly loud and doesn't seem to be moving. So, I look out the window and see the chopper hovering pretty much right across the street from my house, very low, with its spotlight shining up the block.

So, I grab my camera (no pics [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] -story to follow) and head up the block. There is a dude on the roof of a building saying he's going to jump. Bystanders inform me he was trying to break into one of the houses from the fire escape and when the cops showed up he ran up to the roof.

The dude looks very disturbed and then bends down to pick something up. He stands up with something in his hand and throws it, and there is a huge crash as a brick goes through the windshield of one of the cop cars.

Now [censored] get interesting. We are order by the cops to get down the the block or inside and as me and others walk down the block, a frantic woman pushes me to the side, causing my camera..... to.... fall.... down.....the.....storm.... drain..... sigh.

The good news is of the three digital cameras I own, my hot new one had a dead battery, and my sister had my other nice one, so the lost one was sort of [censored] anyway.

Back to the story: Now more and more Emergency Serivce cops are coming and so does a riot squad. So these cops have these huge shields and 5 foot long machine guns and the guy starts throwing bricks again. Smashing a bunch of cop car windows and those of some cars parked in the street. Eventually the guy ran to the back of the building, ESU stormed the building and the one nextdoor and eventually caught the guy. The end.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Burgler throws bricks at cops up the block from me

Did he look like one of the Jewish rioters, bent on destruction after his previous acts of rebellion?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 AM

craziness. too bad for your camera, pics would have been sweet.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a frantic woman pushes me to the side, causing my camera..... to.... fall.... down.....the.....storm.... drain..... sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf, you didn't do anything?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a frantic woman pushes me to the side, causing my camera..... to.... fall.... down.....the.....storm.... drain..... sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. You should have picked her up, thrown her down the storm drain and asked her, "Now, what have we learned today?"
Old 04-05-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. You should have picked her up, thrown her down the storm drain and asked her, "Now, what have we learned today? And throw me my camera while you're down there."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-05-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. You should have picked her up, thrown her down the storm drain and asked her, "Now, what have we learned today? And throw me up a pet alligator while you're down there."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-05-2006, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, something about the cops with weapons I've never before seen outside of a military base before made me not want to get into a "thing".
Old 04-05-2006, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, something about the cops with weapons I've never before seen outside of a military base before made me not want to get into a "thing".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well apparently it takes 2 dozen cops to take out a guy throwing bricks. Imagine how many you could've taken on had you picked up a stick!

Seriously though, this woman destroyed your property, you would be in the right to try to get something from her. She owes you a new camera...
and she owes us pics.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well apparently it takes 2 dozen cops to take out a guy throwing bricks. Imagine how many you could've taken on had you picked up a stick!

Seriously though, this woman destroyed your property, you would be in the right to try to get something from her. She owes you a new camera...
and she owes us pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the hell happened to the woman. I didn't even get a good look at her. I was more concerned with not getting hit with a brick.