FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Documentaries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Lost
Berlinger and Sinofsky's documentary of a gruesome triple murder in West Memphis, Arkansas and the subsequent trials of three suspects, takes a hard look at both the occult and the American justice system in 'small-town' America. Three teenagers are accused of this horrific crime of killing three children, supposedly as a result of involvement in Satanism. As in their previous documentary, things turn out to be more complex than initial appearances and this film presents the real-life courtroom drama to the viewer, as it unfolds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to reiterate how good this was. I would be surprised if anyone could watch this and not come away thinking that the kids convicted of murder aren't innocent.

[/ QUOTE ]

just watched this and am not sure where i land...the only person in the whole ordeal who seemed capable of something so gruesome was the stepfather john mark byers (wow, what a freak). the kids seemed odd, but when you look at the parents of these kids i suppose they are more 'normal' then we suspect. as usual, the incompetence of the PD in these large cases is revealed and usually prevents the actual truth from coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just watch both films, trouble is particularly the second one is that it doesnt seem even handed, the filmakers have decided they are innocent and its the step dad who performed the murders and seem to press this home at each opportunity.

The stepdad does seem totally weird and him turning up at every outside court interview is bizarre, but as he was paid by the filmakers how much you can really read into it is so hard to tell. From that point of view if he wasnt told to be there by the makers then it is a bit eerie and like the Soham murders in the UK, but I suspect they told him where and when to turn up.

FWIW I think its pretty clear they didnt do it and supposedly dna evidence released the last few months shows none of their dna was at the scene. Plus there was no rapes etc which puts the confession totally in perspective, seeing your mates raping little boys isnt somthing you would become confused about.