Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Top players at $100 PL08 on Tilt.

There has been some talk in other threads... just curious to see who you guys think are the top players are at that level?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Top players at $100 PL08 on Tilt.

some very good ones: Novachamps200, OzCanuck, Welfare Jenkins, Anvemada. I could start a brush fire and point out that goaheadtiltme visits 100 max every so often, but that would be downright incendiary.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:07 PM

You had to go and mention that name didnt you rando!! God he's JUICY!! He was actually talking noise to me awhile back so I placed a bounty on his head at the table, boy was THAT fun!! Somebody busted him so I sent them $10 and he proceeded to piss through another 2 buy-ins before he left...Unfortunately I didn't get any of it...

Key with him is to fight his fire back and then show him to send him on tilt, because he's really prone to it...I called a raise against him last nite in the BB with AJ22 and the flop was like AQ3 or something...He led out really light into the flop so I check raised him, he mucked, I showed and boy did THAT send him off into a raising fiasco preflop for the next few hands...Wasn't paying that close attention afterwards because I was playing other games, so I don't know if anybody busted him shortly after but it wouldn't surprise me...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM

I think he finished second in the PLO8 event at FTOPS 4. Just throwing it out there. To hell with variance? Engineered tilt? Cancel that last question, obv. but there is evidence to support most arguments there. Great story of tilt though, O8!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah I know...I saw him sitting at like $400-$1000 the end of last year and was like WTF...I think the deck or variance had to smack his ass upside the head...He raises WAY TOO OFTEN, WAY TOO LIGHT, and WAY TOO EP...Yeah it works at a table full of donks, I know, because that's the way I like to play sometimes...But when you are going up against some of the line-ups on those games recently doing this is just totally -EV because you are just NOT gonna bully some of the players in that game, they're too good to put up with that [censored]...

99.99% of the time I will not show my cards, but against him if I bluff him out of a pot I plan on making it my job from now on to show him because I know that will loosen the game up...Because I know he will either start to tilt-raise or try to play back at me after the flop when I raise pre-flop...Either way its VERY +EV!!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Nice commentary, I have only sat with him a few times and each time figured that was a viable approach, but never had both the chutzpah and the right conditions to set that strategy in motion... next time... oh yeah.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:39 AM

Nova,Anvemada and Jenkins are def good. I dont think I would throw Canuck in there with them as he does not play aggressive enough. Money2burn, Pgh28, and GateauOrMort are also very solid.