Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: PS 2/4 - ATs facing a 3-bet preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, you are tight.

I play all suited Aces up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, disregard my ass comment about leak. But in all seriousness, do you feel like its profitable to limp suited A2-A8 utg?

Nick
Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, disregard my ass comment about leak. But in all seriousness, do you feel like its profitable to limp suited A2-A8 utg?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the right table, sure. At most tables? No.

Haupt_234
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, you are tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Check SSHE. On a normal 2/4 or 3/6 table on Party, I think it's a leak if you don't limp A2s-A7s from early position. Do I always do it? No. It depends on the table, but overall on these tables (and even 5/10), it's a safe limp.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:18 PM

a,10(s) is certainly not a raise utg in my book (soon available at your local bookstore or news stand). MAYBE, it's a limp at the right tables (that's most of em, low stakes)....
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM

If youre goin to play it then don't check on the flop. You have top pair decent kicker. Bet out.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, you are tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

L
E
A
K

Would you like some plugem?

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2006, 01:55 PM

I'm really surprised by this. So you are telling me that in the party/stars 2/4 and 3/6 if someone limps up front, you'll get a 5 way pot unraised? Because that's about the only way this play can be +EV (IMHO). Otherwise its an easy fold/move on.

And I really think that raising AT from UTG is pretty marginal as well. Limping sure, but raising...

I guess this is low limit, but if you do it now, it'll be a leak later on.

Nick
Old 06-28-2006, 02:57 PM

i'll mix it up of course, but probably like 75% of the time, i'll just call UTG with A10s... a couple reasons why.

1. in the games i've been playing in, sometimes a call UTG scares people more than a raise ... i think it's because people decide with more money in the pot they'll cold call with that AJo, since you may just have something like pocket 10's ...

2.if you only call, they may fear a slow play of KK or AA or AK, but if i get raised, i'm pretty sure i need to hit my flop well to very well to be certain i have them beat.

3. also when i do hit my flop... say trip 10's - aces - or a flush/flush draw + a pair... i think people are less likely to put me on a hand, they may think i had a pocket pair but missed my set, ect.

4. if i raise and get re raised, i'm not all that happy (but a call and a raise only puts my guard up) ... now i'm sure i'm either up against a huge hand or a huge bluff that can/will beat me if no A or spades drop. even if a single 10 comes, he may have overcards. worst case scenario, A 10 on the flop against AA, now i have to hit one of 2 tens in the deck to win, what's that like 8% chance? no fun.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm surprised more people don't agree with this. BTW, I am tight: I'm playing 15.8% of my hands in my most recent PT DB. And I'm playing 7.9% UTG. Oh, and I never come in the UTG with a limp.

ATs is a hand that I'll 3-bet on the button to a cutoff steal, but is not usually worth jack <censored> UTG.

All I can say is that AJo has been a loser for me UTG, so I've started laying that down, too.

Check your PT position results. Anyone have a positive ATs UTG over 100k+ hands?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check your PT position results. Anyone have a positive ATs UTG over 100k+ hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - 0.16 BB/hand. I would almost never fold this hand UTG, and depending on the table a raise may be ok as well.