Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Monster Draw played passively on flop

[ QUOTE ]
raise pf.

bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your goal with the preflop raise?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM

Its perfectly reasonable and I often play big draws passively to preserve my implied odds. I would bet the flop to avoid spots where its checked to the co for example and he bets, but since you didnt I like a c/c.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its perfectly reasonable and I often play big draws passively to preserve my implied odds. I would bet the flop to avoid spots where its checked to the co for example and he bets, but since you didnt I like a c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about this. A little more than half the time we get there it's with the flush. The flush card usually kills our action, IMO, unless someone has us beat. I'd rather just stuff the flop and keep the lead.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about this. A little more than half the time we get there it's with the flush. The flush card usually kills our action, IMO, unless someone has us beat. I'd rather just stuff the flop and keep the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

If say the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rolls off he's probably still bet/calling an A.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If say the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rolls off he's probably still bet/calling an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, maybe where you play live.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 AM

Bet the flop.

Yes the BB can raise and cut down field, or he can call, or he can pass out drunk. You don't know, so lead and work from there.

If it gets raised and ends up HU, put in a 3-bet and hope he caps. Lets you check when you miss the turn, and check-raise when you don't.

These situations don't occur often enough, so spew your heart out on the flop.

Edit: p.s. as you described the table, you should have expected BB to check and CO to bet so you'd be facing the field with a 2 bet by going for a check-raise. Makes a lead bet even more betterer.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf.

bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your goal with the preflop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

to make more money. against all of those limpers who are coming in with all kinds of crap, we have a pretty decent edge 6(or even 5 handed). i would speculate our 9Ts has at around 20-24% equity pf 6 ways.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM

I don't raise this PF in the SB. Late Postion yes with this many limpers to me.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 PM

i was going to say the same thing. maybe James missed that.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise this PF in the SB. Late Postion yes with this many limpers to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

so as a result of position you forego equity edges?

what is the weakest suited connector you guys raise in this type of game? i'm raising 9Ts-AKs, QTs-AQs, KTs-AJs, and ATs. sometimes 89s and weaker suited aces and pp's if the limpers are really, really bad. this hand has the potential to make huge hands, and big hands deserve big pots. it plays well multiway, even when horribly OOP.

just because we raise pf doesn't mean we need to bet the flop. nor do we necessarily need to continue past the flop if it doesn't reasonably hit us. we do make money from the raise and while position is important, i don't think it's a difference of a full small bet in this situation.

the play does increase variance and if you're not comfortable playing OOP in raised pots, completing is certainly profitable. but i'm of the opinion that in these loose, live games it's even more profitable to raise. it's also possible that i've misinterpreted the game conditions and as such that might alter my pf decision(an EP players LRR alot, it's a tightish game, the limpers are pretty decent, etc.).