Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rutgers 7-0
1 3 21.43%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 3 21.43%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Poll: Most / Least like-able players at the WSOP FT

Personally I liked the guys that were mostly quiet and acted with dignity. I disliked Yang the most for his out-loud praying, and I didn't think much of Khan's antics (though it was not as bad on the final table as it was earlier in the tourney). Childs was around middle for me, he wasn't too annoying, but he could have just played the cards and let his father quietly watch. Childs also put 5.5M chips into the pot then folded to a worse hand - very hard to like his play there.

Mostly I disliked Yang's overly aggressive too-big bets, I found myself rooting for his opponents in every hand he was in. I was happy for everyone that got doubled up by him.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 PM

St. Peter: "But God, shouldn't you be using your divine intervention to inspire someone to cure AIDS or perhaps cancer?"
God: "Someone's calling me in Vegas"
St. Peter: "But God, shouldn't you be concerned with the greater good instead of a poker game?"
God: "My ways are mysterious. Don't second guess me!"
St. Peter: *sigh*
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to respond to all of this (because I'm probably wrong), but I don't really think it's that shallow
to "dislike" Yang because I think he's a little weird (I suppose shallow is actually exactly what it is, but I think you get my point... maybe, if I have a point, not sure really).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...at least, I HOPE that was meant to be humorous...

Maybe you need to write more...you know, with big words 'n' stuff...

Make them believers, keyser...show them your power...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with you? Try being less acerbic in the future so everyone won't hate you. is that big enough?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 PM

I watched the PPV broadcast, and it amazes me how ESPN can think it shows a synopsis of a FT by showing give/take 40 hands. All complaints aside, I think a lot of people watching found themselves rooting for Kravchenko as the table went on, myself included, especially if you were watching the PPV broadcast. Personally, I did not like the way that Hilm played at all; I doubt he got to be the CL @ the FT by saying "call" more than "raise". Yang's aggressiveness made watching the FT ppv broadcast very exciting, especially for watching something that's sometimes comparable to watching a tree grow (poker without hole cams). Although his praying during each hand was offsetting, and completely foreign at a poker table, it was hard to hold it against him because you could tell that he was a genuinely kind man. It may have made the table and the viewers uncomfortable, and he might not make a very good champion for poker as a whole, but you could still tell that he meant well.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Least I picked Yang, but mostly because I dislike all religious people, and hate all absurdly religious people.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Nice...,a hateful blanket assessment of a group based on prejudicial stereotypes. Apparently the libertarian tone of your posts in the political section doesn't lend itself to tolerance.

That whole "don't need God" thing to compensate for your social and intellectual insecurity is so played. Okay, we get it, you're an emotional and mental badass. Duly Noted.
You hate anyone who disagrees with that. Also duly noted.

I think Billy Joel is a no-talent, semi-literate buffoon. But I don't despise his fans because of it.

For you, however, I'm willing to make an exception.

Just saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

For someone whos found god you certainly dont sound like you found happiness. Ditch the anger man god does not like it.

Oh yeah and cut the victim b.s, Christains are the majority and hold most of the power so dont act like your being victimized. Its not realistic.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:40 AM

Let's not make this a religion thing. I didn't really like the praying thing anymore than anyone else but it's no different than someone saying good luck after both guys are all in and the chips are in. And I bet a lot of players here are superstitious with their poker playing in some way.

I didn't like Yang live because I thought at the time he was being an idiot. But after watching and seeing he had the best hands most of the time when the cards were shown. He played well. Had the entire table on tilt.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not make this a religion thing. I didn't really like the praying thing anymore than anyone else but it's no different than someone saying good luck after both guys are all in and the chips are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

For F--k's sake (pbuh), how often do we have to say it? It's not that he was praying, it was the way he was praying that really got to people.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 AM

There is a difference between saying "good luck" and screaming "In the name of Jesus Christ, let me win!"
Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 AM

are you guys jealous or something?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 AM

I turned the ESPN broadcast off after about 30 minutes when I realized that they were actually showing a revival meeting instead of a poker tournament. Is it true that Jerry Yang tried to convert RainKhan at one point?