Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Q

[ QUOTE ]
lol downloaded some SBRugby videos on my friends CR account and I want to pull my retina's out, he functions sooooo slow. how is this guy playing 200/400, I feel like if I ran godly for 2-3 months and surpassed 2/4-25/50, I could destroy the big games I see from time to time, and this isnt a personal compliment or anything, most people who I play with could probably beat the huge huge games too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol downloaded some SBRugby videos on my friends CR account and I want to pull my retina's out, he functions sooooo slow. how is this guy playing 200/400, I feel like if I ran godly for 2-3 months and surpassed 2/4-25/50, I could destroy the big games I see from time to time, and this isnt a personal compliment or anything, most people who I play with could probably beat the huge huge games too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he in like a huge downsiwng?

all that statement says is variance plays a bigger role in what limits a lot of players are playing than they give it credit for, and SBRUGBY makes worse videos than TC and the others.

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion is that -30BI or so over 100K is possible for even an excellent player. I don't really have the math to back it up; it's just based on having been around the game for a number of years and seeing virtually all good (and great) players I know, including myself, go through something in this realm.

What I can say with confidence is that most people lie about their results. It seems that in this internet poker era, people are slightly more honest about their own results, for 2 main reasons: 1)More level-headed, scientific-type players are now playing the game at a high level, and these types are a little more likely to be honest than the old, road gambler types IMO (due to a little less ego-related attachment to results on the part of the new school). 2)Datamining, online forums, etc. make it easier than ever before for others to keep tabs on how you are doing, so high-profile people are slightly less likely to lie, knowing they might be caught.

That said, here's an example of the type of dishonesty about results that you'll find here: a couple of long break-even stretches were mentioned above. How do you think the people going through that "break-even" period were doing about 10k-20k hands prior to the end of it? My guess is, they were doing much worse. So actually, when you hear about a 100k break-even stretch, that is likely to be a 70k stretch where the player was -5bbs/100 or whatever, followed by a 30k stretch where they were +12bbs/100, or something similar. Again, I know this is not scientific, but I think people who have a lot of experience with high-stakes, highly successful players will agree that there's less honesty with others when the going is rough.

This is no crime, since your results are your own business and nobody else's, but it can have negative effects on others, when you get something like a public consensus (i.e. the ideas on this board) reflecting that dishonesty. Play a lot of HSNL, and you will experience some things that will turn your stomach, whether you're a nitty grinder or a world-class LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this quote its from
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11733634
Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, I was quite surprised by his videos. Lots of spewing, and not too much deep or insightful analysis.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM

argh. -1BI in an hour (only hour played at table today).

made a dumbass push. i raise out of SB with AK to $22 (2-4nl). only button has limped. BB and button call.

flop: AK9 all spades. i have no spades.

i lead for $50. button min raises to $100. history is that he folds light to shoves (pretty sure he read me for better kicker in previous all in get 2.5:1). i shove for $290. so bad, he so obv has 77 or flush. arghgagrghagrhagh.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:46 PM

so he flipped 77 and you were shipped the dollars? nice.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I need to reinstall pokertracker since its screwed up. I want to wipe the databases and start from scratch (I have all the raw HHs safe to import again). How do I wipe my pc of the databases and pokertracker?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, I was quite surprised by his videos. Lots of spewing, and not too much deep or insightful analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I still find aba vids to be far and away the best.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 PM

i think stinger's videos are teh best
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think stinger's videos are teh best

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread