Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Default *** Official May - June - July Chatter Thread ***

Didn't see one of these yet, so Performify please delete and launch your own if you want to control the chatter threads.

February-March-April thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

Rules: absolutely anything goes in here, no matter how off topic, as long as it doesn't violate the site's terms and conditions or the general tone of this forum (i.e. still be respectful to each other). But you can talk about any subject you want in here... . Discuss anything you want!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: *** Official May - June - July Chatter Thread ***

I have an absolutely gargantuan 7 game streak going in the Wagerline survivor contest. If I win today should I hedge my ninth pick, which would be for the hat? Or should I just start hedging today?
Old 05-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Hahaha, great post.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:31 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 09:24 PM

Help me sweat this awful bet! I've been awake 36 hours and just made the dumbest bet of my life. Thought I found a massive scalp on the Rockets/Jazz game 7, Utah +225 to win the series, Houston +104 to win game 7. It wasn't until after I placed my entire roll on Matchbook (fortunately only about $600) on this before my head cut through the sleep deprivation to realize that the Houston bet was actually -5.5 +104. I figured out the -EV of this, and it's not too horribly worse than hedging, so I've decided to let it ride. If Houston wins by 1-5 points I'm cleaned out at Matchbook.

Feel free to either commiserate or mock me, but I need all the sweat, karma, and voodoo 2+2 can muster up. Starting now I'm going to drink like a bastard until I pass out from total exhaustion. I don't know if I want to be awake for this. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Help me sweat this awful bet! I've been awake 36 hours and just made the dumbest bet of my life. Thought I found a massive scalp on the Rockets/Jazz game 7, Utah +225 to win the series, Houston +104 to win game 7. It wasn't until after I placed my entire roll on Matchbook (fortunately only about $600) on this before my head cut through the sleep deprivation to realize that the Houston bet was actually -5.5 +104. I figured out the -EV of this, and it's not too horribly worse than hedging, so I've decided to let it ride. If Houston wins by 1-5 points I'm cleaned out at Matchbook.

Feel free to either commiserate or mock me, but I need all the sweat, karma, and voodoo 2+2 can muster up. Starting now I'm going to drink like a bastard until I pass out from total exhaustion. I don't know if I want to be awake for this. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay awake, Utah's going to win SU so it won't matter.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 PM

i am in desperation catch-up mode this evening as well. go rockets
Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 PM

All the best. I've been on Utah all season with free plays and stuff like that. Had pretty much written it off but guess I'll pay some attention now.

Here's to a Utah win, or a massacre.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Thanks everyone... I don't think I've been so emotionally involved in an NBA game since I was 10 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks everyone... I don't think I've been so emotionally involved in an NBA game since I was 10 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

This country (England) is pretty stupid. Can't get a live NBA game more than once a week, but we get the boxing without having to pay.

I'd like to swap
Closed Thread