Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB unraised pot, 76o
4-1 4 19.05%
5-1 4 19.05%
6-1 0 0%
7-1 6 28.57%
8-1 2 9.52%
9-1 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

'lo everyone. This area is something I've been looking into for the past couple of weeks and this project sounds like a great way to learn the ropes. I am very interested.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:14 PM

I have never built a website before, but it's something I am keen to learn. I am prepared to put in the effort to try to compensate for my lack of experience.
Please count me in.

If anyone could recommend anything I can study to get me started it would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Sounds like a great learning opportunity, should be very interesting, I'm definitely in(terested).
Old 10-28-2006, 01:52 PM

I'd like to see travel added. that's what i'm working on now.

Money making would include business too, i'm assuming?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:13 PM

i havent been around 2+2 much lately and when i have been ive been really unimpressed by the posts ive seen, but this is a really good idea.

count me in
Old 10-28-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As to the linking....doesn't having lots of outlinks reduce your google pagerank?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done some research on this. As best as i can tell, only google knows for sure. For the following reasons, my guess would be that it doesn't.

1. Besides pagerank, the other major internet search algorithm looks at 2 types of sites, hubs and authorities. Hubs are directories of useful authority sites. So if somebody built an entire algorithm around this, i doubt google would penalize sites for outgoing links alone.

2. The argument for penalizing sites with tons of outside links is preventing link farms and other black hat SEO techniques. Google seems to be focusing more on penalizing sites in "bad neighborhoods" rather than the structure of a site itself.

3. The structure of this idea is very white hat, so google will smile upon it eventaully, even if they don't now.

Also, count me in.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:40 PM

If we want to learn about making sweet moolah, let's spend hours a week writing about that instead of video games or sports or whatever. Also, I want in.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Guys keep in mind the niche "money making on the internet, and/or Internet Marketing" is one of the most fiercely competitive markets on the net.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:06 PM

This is an interesting idea. It sounds very difficult to make happen, but that doesn't mean its not worth trying. I see potential problems when a handful of people continue with the project but the rest just leech ideas or give up entirely. On the other hand, if someone stumbles upon a great idea, why would he want to share it and potentially hurt his income? This could easily turn into a group of angry and disenchanted people.

A couple of ideas:

Have everyone use the same CMS like Joomla, Wordpress, etc. This way there should always be someone who can help with issues. Plus, if someone finds a useful module/component it can be quickly shared with the entire group.

Start a forum exclusive for participants to enable a centralized location for information sharing. Include categories for all relevant topics as well as a category for each individual sub-group.

Good luck. I am interested to see how this turns out.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys keep in mind the niche "money making on the internet, and/or Internet Marketing" is one of the most fiercely competitive markets on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. I have been making a living for the last 5 years from internet marketing. So if it's not to late, I would like to be involved in this somehow. Not really for the possible money that could be earned, but as a way to network. Who-ever is in charge of this. Please shoot me a pm as I might have somethings to offer this group.