Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Fold TPTK?? Never!!! Or maybe sometimes?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aaron, I'm not sure I like the turn raise in hand one.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand range do you put villain on when he check-raises the flop from SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

w/o a read, I would say at least TPGK+, most likely 2pr. My default read on unknowns, even at 6max, is slightly loose and passive. Because of this I would weigh his range at 2pr+ at prolly somewhere around 70%.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

So to be clear: Flop check-raise = 2 pair or better a huge percent of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

w/o a read to the contrary, pretty much. If this is early in the session, I want to get to showdown with this hand. If it turns out I give a bit of value on this hand by not raising the turn, I will more than make it up on future hands by exploiting this read.

-J
Old 10-20-2007, 08:18 PM

ozi doesnt hate just calling down the turn in hand 1 some decent percentage of the time. In games ozi plays people rarely CR to bluff(remember, ozi is good at game/seat selecion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). That being said, if i think villian is capable of CRing the flop because he has a single pair and we have overs then I can pop the turn...i just dont like my hand all that much when we ocassionally get 3 bet. Aarons point may well be that we rarely get 3 bet on the turn here but when we do we are beat badly an aweful lot so should we payoff?

against unknowns im inclined to just call down the turn the first time....which is easy to say in this spot when we know we got 3 popped on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 PM

sbsolutely have to see the showdown against unknowns and mark it down. The information you gain from seeing the showdwown always makes you money in future battles.