Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Tough spot with AK: TPTK way deep

Your hands way to good to fold the flop, but with the strong turn bet I think your behind and you've got to fold. That may seem nitty, but you can find a more clear spot to get your money in.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM

wow, people seriously fold to this flop c/r?

tuba, i like calling the flop and folding to a decent turn bet. im assuming his turn AF is pretty damn low so i would think given the action you can find a fold pretty easily.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:40 PM

I think turn looks like a clear shove on this very drawheavy board against a limp/caller. I expect a 24/15 to raise 88-99 PF. The only hands I'm afraid of are 89s, A9s and A8s. But I think he could easily have a FD or a SD.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, people seriously fold to this flop c/r?

tuba, i like calling the flop and folding to a decent turn bet. im assuming his turn AF is pretty damn low so i would think given the action you can find a fold pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is obviously going to follow up on his raise like 80%+ of the time, considering he made a decent flop raise. If you're folding the turn you can better fold the flop.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain is obviously going to follow up on his raise like 80%+ of the time, considering he made a decent flop raise. If you're folding the turn you can better fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 PM

nm
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tuba, i like calling the flop and folding to a decent turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases, Villain would bet here OOP again on the turn - so this line does not make sense imo. Even if this was a pure bluff, he could still fire the turn w/o commiting and fold if you shove.
At the point where you decided whether you call/fold/3bet the flop, you have invested $15 in the pot and have to call $28 (about 2:1 odds, not great - and you got horrible reveresed implied odds 250bb deep). Since you hand is unlikely to improve on the turn (the are basically only cards you dont want to see), you can easily fold here imo.

Remember that this guy who is generally passive (1.6 AF) c/r you (he rarely does that, only 2%).

Don't forget to make a note on the player.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM

foldddddddddd turn.

flop is fine on that board but his turn bet weights his range more towards made hands than draws so now you muck.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 PM

such a weird hand...raising to 39 is a lot, i think i would just fold here just because i know if i call i'm going to be playing a tricky bloated pot deep in a really uncomfortable spot. this deep i think i just fold to avoid playing a huge pot with one pair.

he could easily have a big draw but you're not even that great against a combo draw. his range is like 88, 99, combo draw here. never aj, aq, so he doesn't really shut down on turn, even with the combo draw because he knows that deep he can get you to fold most hands (basically everything except set or 2p, but you would never just call the raise with those hands). weird hand, but i think i just muck this on the flop.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
such a weird hand...raising to 39 is a lot, i think i would just fold here just because i know if i call i'm going to be playing a tricky bloated pot deep in a really uncomfortable spot. this deep i think i just fold to avoid playing a huge pot with one pair.

he could easily have a big draw but you're not even that great against a combo draw. his range is like 88, 99, combo draw here. never aj, aq, so he doesn't really shut down on turn, even with the combo draw because he knows that deep he can get you to fold most hands (basically everything except set or 2p, but you would never just call the raise with those hands). weird hand, but i think i just muck this on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Especially given the history that we know villain is comfortable throwing chips around.

Now, if you've somehow made the read that you decide to take a stand, you'll have to call the flop with the intention of calling the turn and evaluating the turn. But calling the flop and folding the seems spew to me.