Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Sick riverfold $50/$100 Betfair - Or was it?

Hey guys. Had to write something after i read all the nice and constructive comments. I was the guy playing this hand. I usually never write on forums like this because i dont think it gives me something. My friend asked me if he could post this hand cause he thought I was insane to play the hand I did and most of all fold the river.

First of all I agree that I didnt play the hand perfect in any way, or even good. But I played so many hands much worse in my career so this is not something im too ashamed of.

One reason i dont write on forums that much is that everyone is too much of an expert and sees every play someone does in black and white. There is always one way to play the hand "right" and if you play different you are an idiot. And I just got that confirmed here. I played the hand bad therefore im an idiot. (here i was gonna write something about how much more i won than you guys, but that really would make me an idiot so Im skipping that part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

All the greatest players ive played they make sick and crazy and moron plays now and again, which makes them unpredictable and dangerous. Im still not saying I played the hand right or well but as I read in sbrugbys blog a while ago he wrote something like "the guys that I have most respaect for are the ones that can fold 2nd nuts without blinking and then callin huge allinbets with 3rd pair". Well im one of those guys, even if it was bad this time its still something to think about.

Its all about reads this time. I was so sure when he raised that my first thought was that there is no chance i could call. Then during the 20 seconds or whatever I changed my mind abit but sticked with my feeling.

I should have played tha hand different. I should have bet flop (the risk is to get outraised by a semibluff from aggressive players) and after the turnbet he did I should have checkcalled the river. The reason I bet out was that I was trying alittle different style that way to lead into ppl more. Had been leading with nuts on the river before on that table after just callin so that took a big part in my read when he raised me. With those big stacks I just didnt believe he would valueraise me with a low set. Kings he definately reraises preflop with. Dont think he would have raised with Q9 even. That leaves me with AQ or total insanobluff. If he made that play it was great and Im happy to give him the money (well not really).

I actually asked him after the session what he had. He told me that there was only one hand he could have and that he was hoping for me not to be able to fold Q9. Might have been a lie but think that proves that this time he wasnt valuraising a low set anyways. Might been a bluff though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

And to the comment to wanting to play me I have no good answer. Id like that to happen too, gl to us both. Now you know Im weak so you have a little advantage.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys. Had to write something after i read all the nice and constructive comments. I was the guy playing this hand. I usually never write on forums like this because i dont think it gives me something. My friend asked me if he could post this hand cause he thought I was insane to play the hand I did and most of all fold the river.

First of all I agree that I didnt play the hand perfect in any way, or even good. But I played so many hands much worse in my career so this is not something im too ashamed of.

One reason i dont write on forums that much is that everyone is too much of an expert and sees every play someone does in black and white. There is always one way to play the hand "right" and if you play different you are an idiot. And I just got that confirmed here. I played the hand bad therefore im an idiot. (here i was gonna write something about how much more i won than you guys, but that really would make me an idiot so Im skipping that part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

All the greatest players ive played they make sick and crazy and moron plays now and again, which makes them unpredictable and dangerous. Im still not saying I played the hand right or well but as I read in sbrugbys blog a while ago he wrote something like "the guys that I have most respaect for are the ones that can fold 2nd nuts without blinking and then callin huge allinbets with 3rd pair". Well im one of those guys, even if it was bad this time its still something to think about.

Its all about reads this time. I was so sure when he raised that my first thought was that there is no chance i could call. Then during the 20 seconds or whatever I changed my mind abit but sticked with my feeling.

I should have played tha hand different. I should have bet flop (the risk is to get outraised by a semibluff from aggressive players) and after the turnbet he did I should have checkcalled the river. The reason I bet out was that I was trying alittle different style that way to lead into ppl more. Had been leading with nuts on the river before on that table after just callin so that took a big part in my read when he raised me. With those big stacks I just didnt believe he would valueraise me with a low set. Kings he definately reraises preflop with. Dont think he would have raised with Q9 even. That leaves me with AQ or total insanobluff. If he made that play it was great and Im happy to give him the money (well not really).

I actually asked him after the session what he had. He told me that there was only one hand he could have and that he was hoping for me not to be able to fold Q9. Might have been a lie but think that proves that this time he wasnt valuraising a low set anyways. Might been a bluff though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

And to the comment to wanting to play me I have no good answer. Id like that to happen too, gl to us both. Now you know Im weak so you have a little advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM

"the guys that I have most respaect for are the ones that can fold 2nd nuts without blinking and then callin huge allinbets with 3rd pair".

This has got to be the single best sentence for online poker when misintrepted.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 AM

"This has got to be the single best sentence for online poker when misintrepted."
hehe ure right. Has nothing to do with this pot (im not very proud about it either), but just wanted to point out that its not always about the hands you have, but what reads you make.(as u surely didnt know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 08-15-2007, 09:41 AM

First of all, wish you'd post - maybe you'd see that you do get something out of it. Second, I don't think anyone hates the river play NEARLY as much as the flop play...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Holein2, post more please.

<3