Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Anyone here Know Michael Borovetz?

[ QUOTE ]
While what this person did is very wrong, the OP has also made a serious mistake here. Mentioning this gentleman by name could result in libel or slander.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he is wrong about the identity. It is not libel or slander if it is accurate.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While what this person did is very wrong, the OP has also made a serious mistake here. Mentioning this gentleman by name could result in libel or slander.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Borovetz, I've seen him on WPT events on TV. It's the same creepy looking chubby dude. I think he's won like a 1/4 million in WPT events.

There's no mistaking this guy;
http://www.pokerpages.com/players/pr...l-borovetz.htm

He's just a scumbag, what can I say. It was him, I recognized him, and he's on camera yelling at one of our front desk girls. It's Borovetz.

He knows there is nothing the hotel can do to track him down, and bottom line he it all only costs him $60 bucks.

If he's smart he'll never come back to a hotel in Providence, he's hit up two nice hotels here now, with the same sceme.

You know what's funny is this game probably wouldnt work at like a cheap Motel 6 or something, where the hotel isnt kept to insane standards. But at 4 and 5 star hotels if they think you're a platinum member, or some big whig, I'm amazaed at what they'll do.

As an example, One time a bellboy had run 5 blocks to a market, just because a platinum member wanted "Presidents Choice Cola" instead of coca-cola. What the hell is that?

Where standards, and reputation is everything, they're terrified of not being able to give people everything they want or demand.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He knows there is nothing the hotel can do to track him down, and bottom line he it all only costs him $60 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the hotel has an expert witness that will testify as to his identity.

Get real and post this garbage in NVG where it belongs.

Since this is a moderated forum, if these accusations are false, I do believe that 2+2 would be liable for damages.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM

Mods - I gave the OP a 5 day ban because he rarely posts here, he wont feel it unless its significant. Does anyone think the ban should be longer?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:41 PM

What's your reason for banning him at all?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your reason for banning him at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
tell him he's a dick. He'll never get laid, and punch him in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goes a bit too far don't you think? if he was a regular poster I'd give the guy a 1/2 day time out, but last time he was here was months ago, hence why I asked.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 AM

TT,

you're kidding me, right? you'd ban him for saying something insulting about some random poker "celebrity"? wow.

first off i'm shocked that someone claims to have recognized some dude who his biggest cash is $60k.

beyond that, the story is just riddled with holes. i think i would have trashed the thread and not banned the guy.

like, what kind of hotel CAN'T CHECK IF SOMEONE IS A PLATINUM MEMBER?!

oooor, why on earth would there be "nothing the hotels can do about it?" seems like oh i don't know, pursuing legal action might be amongst things a hotel could do.

oooooooooor, etc etc.

but whatever.

i can't believe you would ban someone for 5 days for something like this, and then use as the reason for the ban not something like, oh, possible slander, but "omg he said mean things about him."
Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 AM

TT,

I think a 2 day ban is the most I'd do for this and even by my slightly more rigid than most standards, I'm not sure I would do anything.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

I think a 2 day ban is the most I'd do for this and even by my slightly more rigid than most standards, I'm not sure I would do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids - in NVG I think your decision to ignore punishing the poster is ok, I would agree. In B&M where the whiny nits generally cry over any slight or insult I think I should take some sort of action. I chose 5 days because he hasn't made a single post in more than 4 months until this thread, even with 5 days its likely based on his past results he may not even know he was banned. If he was a semi-regular poster I'd probably only give him a 1/2 day. I wanted to know if anyone considers his thread to be worse than I do, hence my origional question to the mod forum. So far nobody does, which is probably good I guess.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

you're kidding me, right? you'd ban him for saying something insulting about some random poker "celebrity"? wow.

first off i'm shocked that someone claims to have recognized some dude who his biggest cash is $60k.

beyond that, the story is just riddled with holes. i think i would have trashed the thread and not banned the guy.

like, what kind of hotel CAN'T CHECK IF SOMEONE IS A PLATINUM MEMBER?!

oooor, why on earth would there be "nothing the hotels can do about it?" seems like oh i don't know, pursuing legal action might be amongst things a hotel could do.

oooooooooor, etc etc.

but whatever.

i can't believe you would ban someone for 5 days for something like this, and then use as the reason for the ban not something like, oh, possible slander, but "omg he said mean things about him."

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time check the notes before you assume anything about my intentions.

"TT - 7/2 - 5 day ban because he rarely posts, started a thread to slander Michael Borovetz, and also called him a dick. Moved thread to Mod forum."

Reason for ban: Slander & abusive language are not permitted."