Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: weed
weed 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
personally, i think the conversation taking place right now is EXTREMELY nitty and petty, but whatever, i'll let you guys sort it all out.

for my (invisible) money, he has won the bet, and was there ever any doubt that he would? oh wait, yeah, there was ALOT of doubt in ALOT of people's minds. not mine. congrats gravy, this is a phenomenal accomplishment both in terms of your poker career AND what it says about you as a person. enjoy some well deserved r&r in virginia. fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not nitty or petty. It's the same as if he didn't count a downswing on the first day and claimed to win if he was +25k in a particular stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol come on this isn't even close to being the same thing
Old 11-11-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so [censored] stupid... if he peaked at over 25k, he won the bet - i seriously don't see how anyone could argue with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, and I agree with you - but Sharkscope's figure of over 25k included money that was in play at the moment the graph shows it over 25k.

Each tourney is entered into the graph only at the point of completion.

At no point did SpaceGravy actually ever have 25k profit in his Stars account (since when Sharkscope shows him at over 25k, he had something in the order of 15 * $60 = $900 in play)
Old 11-11-2007, 07:37 PM

Meh, if I was Gravy I would just make another 800 so people have nothing to be nitty about. H
Old 11-11-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
personally, i think the conversation taking place right now is EXTREMELY nitty and petty, but whatever, i'll let you guys sort it all out.

for my (invisible) money, he has won the bet, and was there ever any doubt that he would? oh wait, yeah, there was ALOT of doubt in ALOT of people's minds. not mine. congrats gravy, this is a phenomenal accomplishment both in terms of your poker career AND what it says about you as a person. enjoy some well deserved r&r in virginia. fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not nitty or petty. It's the same as if he didn't count a downswing on the first day and claimed to win if he was +25k in a particular stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]wow, bones, this isn't the same thing at all. he arrived at a point where during a 31 day stretch he was +25k for ALL THE SNG's COUNTED. come on, you can do better than that.

this is insane, but oh well, gravy just have a 5k day and shut everyone the hell up.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Josem,

"At no point did SpaceGravy actually ever have 25k profit in his Stars account"

Well then he didn't peak at over 25k.

I was responding to the seemingly large number of people that think that if he had (actually) peaked at 25k+ and then lost down to 24.something thousand that he would not have won... which makes zero sense.

The bet was whether he could make 25k in 30 days... anyone arguing that a post-25k downswing would affect that is an idiot, imo... that's basically like saying that if he won 40k in 29 days, then had a 16k downswing somehow on the last day that he didn't prove it's possible to make 25k in 30 days.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is so [censored] stupid... if he peaked at over 25k, he won the bet - i seriously don't see how anyone could argue with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, and I agree with you - but Sharkscope's figure of over 25k included money that was in play at the moment the graph shows it over 25k.

Each tourney is entered into the graph only at the point of completion.

At no point did SpaceGravy actually ever have 25k profit in his Stars account (since when Sharkscope shows him at over 25k, he had something in the order of 15 * $60 = $900 in play)

[/ QUOTE ]

since spacegravy was running his tables continuous, i assume, and sharkscope imports 1 at a time, i assume, then at one point he did achieve it +$25k at one point, including his stars account. this isn't politics.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM

its not even gonna matter anyway since sg can easily put this bet away with so many days to go but imo if the $$$ he had in play was > than the amount of profit shown on ss above the 25k mark then it probably shouldnt count. just my .02c, what he had in play should be pretty easy to figure out with a little research
Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM

he won 25k in 5020 SNGs in less than one month's time, but he only won 24.2k in SNGs in 5040 SNGs in less than one month's time.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:51 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
This isn't close at all. If Gravy lost 5k on the first day than won 25k the next 29 days. He doesn't win The bet isn't can he make 25k in a 30day period. It is a question about a very specific time frame.
Edit: BTW before making any propbets with any STTFers I will make sure to read this thread, to see who gets it.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem,

"At no point did SpaceGravy actually ever have 25k profit in his Stars account"

Well then he didn't peak at over 25k.

I was responding to the seemingly large number of people that think that if he had (actually) peaked at 25k+ and then lost down to 24.something thousand that he would not have won... which makes zero sense.

The bet was whether he could make 25k in 30 days... anyone arguing that a post-25k downswing would affect that is an idiot, imo... that's basically like saying that if he won 40k in 29 days, then had a 16k downswing somehow on the last day that he didn't prove it's possible to make 25k in 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

[ QUOTE ]
since spacegravy was running his tables continuous, i assume, and sharkscope imports 1 at a time, i assume, then at one point he did achieve it +$25k at one point, including his stars account.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - because at 10.30:23pm (or whatever hypothetical time) Sharkscope showed he had profit of $25,156 (or whatever amount).

At that moment, he still was playing 14 or so tournaments (since he had just won one to give him the profit to above $25k), and his stars account had ($25,156 - (14*60)) profit in it.

By contrast, if he was just one-tabling, he would have cleared $25k profit, since he would have had no money in play at that moment.

Of course, this is just trivia (in the most literal sense of the word) but that's what internet discussion forums are all about.