Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In What Field Of Poker has Mason Malmth done his best work?
Draw Poker With The Bug 4 11.11%
A-5 Lowball 3 8.33%
7 Card Stud 4 11.11%
Texas Hold'em 9 25.00%
Omaha8 0 0%
Stud8 0 0%
General Poker Theory 14 38.89%
Tournament Poker Theory 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Hole in one

[ QUOTE ]
I've had a double eagle but sadly no Hole-in-One.

I'd trade the albatross for an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. And me too. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2007, 06:49 PM

3 aces and 1 double eagle...I play lots though
Old 05-06-2007, 08:03 PM

What about having one that hung on the lip? I've had two of those. Nothing feels better than that.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post your hole in one story here:

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 10-11 yrs old I used to play in the summer NTPGA events. Fwiw, very fond memories, highly reccomend to any fathers out there.

Anyways, hole 10 on Tennison West (the old West course) par 5. Tee shot up hill, second shot down hill. When you're 10 you play the reds btw. Kid hits worm burner of a tee-shot to somewhere near the top of the hill. It's dry and it runs a good ways. Second shot he hits 3-wood maybe driver from the top of the hill and holes it, totally lucky/bad looking shot that just ran into the hole.

Never seen a hole in one, almost made two, but this shot was pretty sick as it's the only 2 i've seen on a par 5.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM

135 yard pitching wedge on the 16th hole. I'd been hitting my wedges and 9-iron sweetly for a few weeks prior; they'd always go right on target but the distances were off until that moment.

I rarely drink while playing since I golfed for years before I started drinking and it just felt weird, but I was having a bad round and decided I'd drink on the back nine. I was quite buzzed when I hit the shot. I drink whenever the rest of my playing group is now.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere in this forum (didn't see it), but I found it interesting...

Summary: A woman who took up golf in 2003 has hit 8 holes-in-one in 14 weeks. Amazing.

From http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...=2007704280314
[ QUOTE ]

113,527,276,681,000,000 to 1

Those were the odds local golfer Jacqueline Gagne could make seven holes in one in 14 weeks. And then she made another ...

April 28, 2007
RANCHO MIRAGE - What are the odds?

If the chance of an average golfer making a hole in one in a round is about 5,000 to 1, what are the odds of that player making eight aces in 14 weeks?

"Until people started coming up to me and saying, 'This is kind of freaky,' I didn't really give it much thought," said Jacqueline Gagne, who has scored the eight holes in one between Jan. 23 and April 24, seven at her home club of Mission Hills Country Club and one at Mountain View Country Club in La Quinta.

Before she recorded her eighth this week, Professor Mike McJilton of the College of the Desert Math and Science Department calculate the odds of making seven aces in approximately 65 rounds (five rounds a week for 13 weeks) as Gagne did is just under 114 million billion to 1. As a decimal number, the chance of making the seven aces is 0.0000000000000000088.

"This is the wildest thing I have ever been witness to or been a party to," said Robert Barnes, director of golf at Mission Hills. "It's really unbelievable. It's almost like we have a ladies event now and you expect someone to come in and say Jackie had a hole in one and you'd just go, 'Which hole?'"

Gagne has gone from a true beginner in 2003 when she moved to the desert from Rhode Island to a player who just shot her career round of 3-under 69. That round included a hole in one, a 135-yard ace with a 13-wood on the 11th hole of the Pete Dye Challenge Course. In May, her handicap will drop to 7, meaning she's likely to break 80 on most regulation courses.

(Continued)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM

My closest is about 2 feet from the pin on a 180 yd. hole.

I once went golfing with a friend...the final hole was a par-3 where you hit onto an island, with the hole about 150 yds out. He hits the first shot in the water, tees up again, and sinks the shot for par. Stupid #@!% technicalities...
Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a double eagle but sadly no Hole-in-One.

I'd trade the albatross for an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. And me too. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three, but I don't think I would trade. I figure if I play this game long enough I will get an ace, but there is pretty much no chance in hell that I will have another albatross.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 AM

got two.

1 was 175 yds, front pin, 6 iron at my home course in virginia, mt vernon cc.

second one was in south carolina at the Chateau Elon, 210 middle pin 3 iron.

both happened in the same summer '02.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:18 AM

My friend lived on a very approachable, uphill dogleg left. The cup was usually placed so that you couldn't see the hole, but the pin.

On boring days during the summer we'd sit on his deck and watch people golf. If anyone hit it within 10 feet of the pin, one of us would run out and throw it in the hole.

We did this at least 30 times one summer and never got caught. In retrospect, it was a terrible thing to do, but hell, we were 12. We thought it was the funniest thing ever.

I wonder if people in the club house started talking about all the holes in one on 14. I'm sure they did.

Ahh good memories.