comebullets 4 3.92%
Qrtr2Robusto 0 0%
BASTARD 22 21.57%
I'm clicking this and will make a suggestion 14 13.73%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Lest we forget - Hiroshima & Nagasaki

[ QUOTE ]

Or, its harder these days to hide the truths about how our country operates and its history. God we all miss the good ole days when people were forced to pledge allegiance, had few independent sources of information, and didn't question the hypocrisy of their leaders. Maybe just maybe, it wasn't just the things you cite, but [b]also Watergate[b], Vietnam, Iran-Contra, Iraq, Clinton's perjury and a host of other events which gives license to believe that government is incapable of anything good that has made some people wake from their slumber and look at history with a more open and skeptical eye, while others still sleep wrapped in the [b]very real[b] comfort afforded by other people's sacrfice and their patriotism.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was going to ignore your ignorant posts, however, this one is beyond ignorance. Japan cannot have (due to the conditions of surrender at the end of WWII) a navy, much less nuclear arms.
By the way, they don't have an air force either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will come as quite a shock to the numerous sailors and airmen of the Japanese Defence Forces I spent time with during various training and exercises. They probably won't take the knowledge that DON'T EXIST too well.
Try and keep this a secret so as not to hurt their feelings.

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing that the U.S. cannot accomplish militarily with conventional weapons, other than defending against an all out invasion (using conventional weapons) by Russia or China.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ignore this ignorant post, but, having replied to the first part...might as well tell you, that you are way off (in multiple directions) on this unsupported assertion as well. But hey, what do I know anywayz. You probably have years more military experience and knowledge than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are in the military, you know that all japanese forces are "authorized" and are of a defensive structure. I may have been unclear by not defining an air force or navy as one like that of the U.S. that can wreck havoc upon multiple nations at one time.

The U.S. could crush the current military strength of the Japanese in short order.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The U.S. could crush the current military strength of the Japanese in short order.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point? I could murder your mother in short order, too, if I wanted to.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never had blinded absolute criticism, thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Or, its harder these days to hide the truths about how our country operates and its history. God we all miss the good ole days when people were forced to pledge allegiance, had few independent sources of information, and didn't question the hypocrisy of their leaders. Maybe just maybe, it wasn't any of the things you cite, but rather Watergate, Vietnam, Iran-Contra, Iraq, Clinton's perjury and a host of other events which highlight how we've been lied to and manipulated that has made some people wake from their slumber and look at history with a more open and skeptical eye, while others still sleep on wrapped in the pseudo-comfort of their "patriotism".

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, ok. If you say so.

[ QUOTE ]
And I acknowledge there are people who wish us ill will. Unfortunately, we give them plenty of reasons by our actions around the world. Does this justify their actions? Probably not. Does it absolve us of our responsibility for the state of affairs? Definitely not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not for those who would attack the US
Definitely not for the US.

Looks pretty clearly like a double standard and blindered anti Americanism to me. Just as boring and blindered as the most blind ardent evil "patriot."