Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Hands (3)

Hand 1: Call all day, well played him if he free-card 3-bet you on the flop with FD.

Hand 2: Raise PF. Valuetown on river.

Hand 3, if you aren't capping the flop, you have to C/R the turn, do you think UTG is 3-betting oop for a free card? That said, I cap the flop after his 3-bet and then keep firing.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Hands (3)

My thoughts without reading the other responses...

[ QUOTE ]

1)
I felt like I should be folding to his raise, but I'm a calling station :/

No way we're folding this. Bet/call river seems right.

2)

I know I should be raising preflop, but the table was full of callingstations who would have called anyway.
Is this a valuebet on the river? BB is a calling a lot but capable of making some decent plays/reads.

Yes, raise preflop. You have a great drawing hand, so what is the problem with picking up a lot of callers here?

River is a really easy value bet.

3)

both villains rather unknown. UTG is most likely a nit ( very low vpip and pfrM over about 40 hands though )

was to c/r the field at the flop but as CO raises I feel that coldcalling seems fine as UTG will most likely 3-bet a good ace and there's a decent chance to trap him on the turn.
Unfortunatly CO didn't raise the turn again but I still like the line. Comments please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like it. If you check/3-bet this flop, then it gives away the strength of your hand. You may have missed one bet here, but your play will let you pick up more bets on later streets. Turn and river seem fine - shame you didn't get raised on the turn, but you aren't to know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Ok, after reading other responses, I agree that we should be looking to check-raise turn in hand 3.