Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 AM

Default 2/4 Hands (3)

After a break from poker I just played a few hands and I felt very insecure regarding sveral hands.

1) Villain seems to be a somewhat weakish TAG, but only like 50 hands.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.25BB

I felt like I should be folding to his raise, but I'm a calling station :/

2)

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
BB checks

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

I know I should be raising preflop, but the table was full of callingstations who would have called anyway.
Is this a valuebet on the river? BB is a calling a lot but capable of making some decent plays/reads.

3)

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.75BB

both villains rather unknown. UTG is most likely a nit ( very low vpip and pfrM over about 40 hands though )

was to c/r the field at the flop but as CO raises I feel that coldcalling seems fine as UTG will most likely 3-bet a good ace and there's a decent chance to trap him on the turn.
Unfortunatly CO didn't raise the turn again but I still like the line. Comments please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Hands (3)

1) I would never fold this. He shows up sets and straights and two pair two often.

2) Hero bets, take people to valuetown.

3) I think you can cap the flop, or checkraise the turn. It is unlikely UTG is raising for a free card, since the board is very dry.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:34 AM

1)

bet/call river and hand is fine

2)
Raise preflop unless the players are REALLY loose.
As played, how is this not a river valuebet?

3)
Just jam the flop.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 AM

Hand one: Sometimes i prefer reraising preflop or checkraising the flop. Sometimes I just play straight ahead.
I think I would have done that here with a flop like this. It probably hit a tight preflopraiser with at least somekind of draw so a checkraise will just cost us.

The turn reveals that villain probably was going for a freecard and he probably got it on the river.
Check-call is ok.

Hand 2: (edit:didn't read that you knew you should raise preflop before I printed the following)Preflop is a raise. Don't openlimp in SH. You want to attack the blinds and buy the button as often as possible. Position is +ev especially in SH. JT is a fine openraiser- if any blinds call you you can continuebet with any A K or Q flopping and you have "real" outs to J and T. Raise it up.
flop: Yes valuebet
turn: yes valuebet
river: valuebet yes.

Hand 3:
Flop: Default: Just cap it. You got to opponents in business and if you cap it you will at gain 1 BB more.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the answers.
The table in hand 2 was realy loose ( like 60% flop seen ).
If villian raises my valuebet, do I have to call?

@hand 3: I thought if I jsut call the flop the turn might go bet-call-raise-3bet. With UTG being a nit this might be wrong as he would never call the 3-bet with a naked ace :/
I'll remember that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 AM

From handhistory is seems like he did actually raise you. I would call anyway - he could have caught a K or just making a move on you even though I suppose he caught his flush.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 AM

*grunch*

Hand 1: I probably check-call flop, just because villain won't fold often on a flop like this, and it is also likely he will 3-bet with many combinations of hands (AT, JT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the likes) and it would suck to go to three bets when we could go to one with our nice draw.

No way I fold river, ever.

Hand 2: I dunno about preflop, I probably muck it, sometimes raise if the table is tight (only cuz it's 5 players). Flop and turn is obv. right, and yes I bet river. I think he has a random 2pr/KQ often enough. If we're raised it's 8:1 and I think we have to cry-call.

Hand 3: Strange line indeed. I would check as well, and raise if it's one bet to me. If it's two I could coldcall, but then I would check/raise the turn. The coldcall/donk line actually looks alot like a set, imo.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 AM

hand 2:
I don't care if they are loose... and button folded so they cannot be that loose. We will play this hand. A raise may have bought us the button, but it is not in question here anyway since we get the position postflop. But if we don't raise JTs then our opposition will quickly find out how to play us. Furthermore JTs is an easy hand to throw away after the flop if we miss. Not playing it at all is far too tight in SH. If players call to much they'll probably pay us off anyway with even worser hands.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Hand 1: I probably check-call flop, just because villain won't fold often on a flop like this, and it is also likely he will 3-bet with many combinations of hands (AT, JT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the likes) and it would suck to go to three bets when we could go to one with our nice draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way to weak IMO. Villain has a huge range and is folding plenty of Ax hands on the turn. Also, c/r'ing folds out worse hands with 6 outs. If villain 3-bets its not the end of the world as Hero has a pretty nice draw. This is such an easy flop c/r IMO.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

yeah hand one lower PPs and Ax are more than enough of his range to try to take the pot down UI with our oesd, definitely bet call the river, only bet fold here if u have one pair or bottom two. He'll show an oddly played set, two pair or rivered two pair or chop 1:8 at least, the rest of the time tho u ll lose to the flush so it ll feel like a bad call but its not I assure u.

Hand 2 is a vb, id call a raise for the times he ll cr and show up with K9 KQ or AK (probably not all that often)or slow-played some worse two pair or randomly has air and decides to do somethin stupid on the scare card. Its close tho.

Hand 3 id probably just ck 3bet, UTG's either got TPGK and is gonna come along for 2 or he'll fold here or peel one with his underpair and ditch on the turn anyways. Plus ur cold call doesnt really disguise ur hand at all on this board. As played ck calling, cap the flop ur equity's great esp if ur planning on donking the turn u cant expect u ll get to 3bet UTG very often after ur donk he should just calldown with AK and 22 probably isnt in his utg range.