Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Unacceptable (lack of) Customer Service from Conjelco

Making a thread has been my last resort...

I pre-ordered Mathematics of Poker on Nov 21. I still have not recceved Mathematics of Poker. Order Status via Conjelco's website basically says "order processed".
I have tried Emailing Conjelco with no response. I tried calling the number on their website and they basically say "we're not customer service and you can't call them, but let us call you back - what's your number?" Of course I never get a call back.
On my 2nd try calling them (after business working hours), I ask for a manager. The original guy on the phone pretends to look for his manager and then gives me a customer service number instead (after insisting for 5 minutes there's no way for me to call customer service), but of course I'll have to wait 'till the next day to call them. When I try to call them the next day, the line is disconnected or something as all I get is a busy tone.
I even tried PMing Chuck Weinstock and I have gotten no reply.
I ordered a book that should have arrived already; all I want to know is why is there a delay and when will I get it. Over a week of frustrating brushoffs and I don't know if I'll ever get it.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Unacceptable (lack of) Customer Service from Conjelco

I had a big delay in receiving NLHETP when that came out.

They had never sent it actually.
But they did respond to my e-mails (sometimes took a couple tries or a couple days) and eventually I just cancelled my order.
I never tried calling them though.

I think they sometimes lose an order or two when they have a lot of orders all at once for a new book. And Chuck admitted they had a lot of problems with the NLHETP shipment and he agreed their number of mistakes was too high.

I suspect your post here will be seen by Mason and will eventually get Chuck's or Conjelco's attention and you'll get it straightened out.

In my situation, I cancelled my order for NLHETP and the Ed Miller DVD's.
I picked up the book at B&N and somebody who saw my post about it offered to sell me his once-used copy of the DVD's at a discount.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:15 PM

Once you get the book you won't be quite as psyched about it. It's largely a bunch of pages of algebra equations and explanations of how to play hold em "toy" games. The beginning and ending chapters are the best. IMO Malmuth's GTOT is a far more interesting and useful book. MOP gives the reader pages of algebra equations to show how the authors derived their numbers from.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:45 PM

Email Works. I don't read PM's because I get one everytime someone gets banned from the forums by one of the moderators. My email address is well known, but in case you can't find it, it's weinstock@conjelco.com.

Assuming that you are who I think you are, your order was processed and should have shipped on on 11/22. I have just asked the warehouse about the shipment, but they may or may not still be open on the Friday before Christmas and won't open again until after Christmas.

We will follow up then or sooner if we can.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Unacceptable (lack of) ConJelCo Service From Customer

Subsequent to my previous post I learned that our customer service people had been in touch with "Kovner" and had left a phone message for him on his answering machine. This was yesterday. The post that started this thread was at noon today.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:30 PM

It's a bummer things are going down like this for you. I can honestly say I've never had an issue with Conjelco that Mr. Weinstock and company didn't take care of in a timely, respectful, and customer friendly way. Send Mr. Weinstock an e-mail like he suggested in his post and I'm sure you'll be taken care of.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:41 PM

I've always been pleased with Conjelco's timeliness and customer service as well. I'm sure they will work things out for you.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:11 AM

I've had just the opposite experience with Conjelco. I've ordered numerous times with only one problem. I received a DVD that would not play. I emailed Chuck...he sent me a new one...it played fine. I'm a happy customer.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Unacceptable (lack of) ConJelCo Service From Customer

[ QUOTE ]
Subsequent to my previous post I learned that our customer service people had been in touch with "Kovner" and had left a phone message for him on his answering machine. This was yesterday. The post that started this thread was at noon today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. This is true. I don't check my phone messages every day, and I found this phone message yesterday after I made this thread.
Whoops.
Also, before I continue my complaints, let me say I have generally been pleased with Conjelco. I've pre-ordered every major 2+2 book that has come out since I've been playing from them and I always get the book before any other retailer. I also tried to handle this more civilly than starting a thread.

Having said that, customer service doesn't just mean preventing mistakes, it also means fixing mistakes as quickly and painlessly as possible...

Chuck, I did try Emailing you on Dec 12 in an Email titled "Delayed Shipping" sent by "Mike Kovner" (mike.kovner@...). I never got a response from this. I also sent a PM via 2+2 that never was responded to.
The phone situation is extremely frustrating. I finally found out from the shipping department that when the customer service department doesn't answer it routs to ordering, or something to that effect (can't be sure this is the truth. They've been giving me the run around since the beginning). However, it seems as if the customer service department never answers as I called at various times throughout the day spread over a few-day period.

Finally, I got the phone message that Chuck referred to saying "your order should have been processed on 11/22". I already knew this because when I go to order status on the conjelco site, that's exactly what it says, but since the shipping company is separate, that's the only info I had. This is also what Chuck says in his response in this thread.
I was so relieved to finally get a phone call back though, because at least I'd have a number to call. I replay the message to find where the customer service rep tells me how to call back, but that section of the message doesn't exist. Now I'm back at square-one: I can call the number on the website, but I'll get the run around, once again, I'm sure.

Where is my book, and when will I get it?