Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Some 3/6 Hands

All Hands played on Crypto. The blinds are 1.5/3 fwiw.

1)

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 11.5BB

Both players are unknown, it's my second hand at the table.

I hate this hand and i feel like I should have probably just folded the flop, although it sucks getting 14:1 closign the action :/

2)

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 2BB

Villians stats: 53/17/2/41
I don't know about the Turn. If he bet he'll like always raise me with the flushdraw and at least any T and any K, probably with even more pairs.
I planed to call safe looking river cards.

3)

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
BB checks

Same villian as in hand two. He' c/r here with a lot since I'll likely have missed the board. If I bet, I have to fold given the potodds, right?
If I check behind what rivercards are bad enough to make it a fold?

Thx in advance~
Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Some 3/6 Hands

hand 1:
BB called two cold and then bet into the pf capper, its really a determination of how you're range is doing against his.

I'd say its likely that you're ahead of button's immediate range, as lots of his better aces should be raising that flop, but lots of his weaker ones and his draws will likely just call.

So given that the button is dead money often enough, i'd justs call down when good cards fall and hope that bb is donking a draw - actually if you get to the river threehanded and bb fires again you can probably fold.

2)how is that not a safe river card? villain limped pf and check/called the flop, so he can't have a spade draw or a broadway draw really. the only draws that make sense are diamonds or some gutshot sitting in between the 6 and T.

I tend to vascillate between betting the turn and checking behind and calling the river. If he's going to be aggro enough to checkraise the turn with draws then you have to call the river bet after you've induced. If he'll check/call the turn with a draw and then checkfold the river ui, you should be betting the turn and checking through the river.

3)sound like bb was running hot vs you. This is a better spot to check behind and look to catch a bluff. if an Q,K, or A comes off you should probably raise.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:11 PM

1) I wouldn't fold. You're usually ahead of button and although a sane person is suggesting strength when he donks a AKJ board into a PF reraiser and capper, BB is unknown, and I assume retarded.
2) Call the river, he's probably betting 100% of the time.
3) Checking behind is fine, and I'd probably call any river, including a 4 straight against this guy.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 AM

1) I call down. I think you're ahead a of OTB pretty much always, and you'll have BB beat often enough to call down imo.

2) I think I'd bet the turn and check behind on the river. The pot size is screwed up, you're actually getting 4-1 on your river call, so I think you can call.

3) I check behind and call most rivers here.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 AM

I would see a SD in all these hands. Check behind hand 3 as he is bluffing a lot on the river.