Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Default NL100 Fold QQ here ?

This is my first post in SSNL so hello all. Reviewing my last session, I found a few hands I think I played poorly. Here is the first one...

NL 0.5/1 6-max, 5 handed

Stack sizes
SB (176.92)
<font color="green">BB (94.45)</font>
UTG (80.49)
<font color="green">Hero (99.50)</font>
Button (123.29)

Preflop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, Button calls $5, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $7, Button folds

<font color="blue">I had not played a hand with that opponent yet and sat down pretty recently at the table. His preflop reraise was very small and I decided to just call him. Should I often 4-bet this preflop ?</font>

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($30)
<font color="red">BB bets $21, Hero raises to $69, BB raises to $82.45, Hero calls</font>

<font color="blue">On the flop I had a really bad feeling : what do I beat anymore, AK ? I had no reasons to believe he was 3-betting me lightly so even if he had JJ in his range, that's about it. Should I just call and bet turn if checked to (that sounds horrible, I always stack donkeys with that line when I have AA/KK...), raise this allin (and be called only with AA/KK and JJ if he 3-bets it) or flat out fold and assume I was playing this only for set value (which I obviously could considering the meagerness of his preflop reraise).

Don't mind my raise with ~15 left behind, I was 2 seconds away to be timed out and folded so I raised to whatever I could.</font>

Thoughts and advice ?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: NL100 Fold QQ here ?

reraise to about $34 preflop. If he shoves then you have a decision, i would probably lean towards a nitty fold. not sure if thats the right move though.

his preflop reraise tells us nothing and i see people making reraises like that oop with KTs, AJ and other marginal hands that they dont seem to know what to do with
Old 01-30-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: NL100 Fold QQ here ?

Preflop is ok i suppose. I am more likely to reraise since the button is also involved.

Flop is fine - no way of getting away here. Although you should really push rather then raise a weird amount