Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many mafia do you think are left?
0 0 0%
1 0 0%
2 4 30.77%
3 7 53.85%
4 2 15.38%
5 0 0%
6 (BobO didn't die, he is invincible) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Beat: Im wasting so much of my time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love when everyone's like ZOMGZ U FUCKSTICK ITS NOT CALLED SOCCER IT'S CALLED FOOTBALL ONLY DUMB AMEIRCANS CALL IT SOCCER LOLOLOLOL IM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU

Wrong. You are very very dumb. Check this out.

1.) I'm an American, I'm going to venture that everyone who hasn't gone out of their way to mention that they're not American is also American.

2.) Check this out, it's called a dictionary. No, not a dictiounairie, a [censored] dictionary, and it's got words and [censored] in it.

One of em is soccer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soccer

Then I went ahead and looked up football.

"Chiefly British. soccer. "

The moral of the story here is that people are stupid.

And for what it's worth McDonald's is probably the worst food in the world and it's at least a thousand times better than anything you can get in any restaurant in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody British calls football soccer, posting an american dictionary saying we do doesnt make it correct, just like saying Saddam had WMD and links with al queda doesnt make it true.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the British still invented the term, and used it until they were smart enough to come up with the word "rugby" to differentiate between the two sports.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love when everyone's like ZOMGZ U FUCKSTICK ITS NOT CALLED SOCCER IT'S CALLED FOOTBALL ONLY DUMB AMEIRCANS CALL IT SOCCER LOLOLOLOL IM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU

1.) I'm an American, I'm going to venture that everyone who hasn't gone out of their way to mention that they're not American is also American.

2.) Check this out, it's called a dictionary. No, not a dictiounairie, a [censored] dictionary, and it's got words and [censored] in it.

One of em is soccer.

And for what it's worth McDonald's is probably the worst food in the world and it's at least a thousand times better than anything you can get in any restaurant in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody British calls football soccer, posting an american dictionary saying we do doesnt make it correct, just like saying Saddam had WMD and links with al queda doesnt make it true.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the British still invented the term, and used it until they were smart enough to come up with the word "rugby" to differentiate between the two sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

they named football after aba?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an American, I'm going to venture that everyone who hasn't gone out of their way to mention that they're not American is also American.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the good old American mindset right there.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:27 PM

I'm not american, and i hate football, football and soccer. I'd rather watch my grandma knit than watch either of the sports.

And its always sunny in philadelphia is a great show.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One of em is soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh are you [censored] retarded?

Rugby came about at Rugby college where the game was invented - according to popular legend by someone picking up the ball ( you know a circular object ) and running into the goal with it.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:18 PM

Isn't Winning Eleven the American version of Pro Evo?

Also, we call it football because futbol (soccer, black and while ball foot game, whatever), rugby, and football all evolved from the same sources. The foot used to be a bigger part of American footbal, but we kept the name even as we made the game better than every other game in the world.

It is my entirely objective view that football is a more interesting game strategically, athletically, and more exciting as a spectator sport. Futbol (I'm just going to call it this for now on) is a fun sport and I like most every sport that's shown on tv, but football is just SO AWESOME.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The foot used to be a bigger part of American footbal, but we kept the name even as we made the game better than every other game in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's face it - you took Rugby and added body armour and removed the complexity [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(not that I'm the biggest fan of football either, it seems a sad state of affairs when someone who've always been mediocre at best have billions thrown at them and buy the best team in the league :/)