Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Worst movies you\'ve ever seen

There are so many bad movies, obviously. Most are bad nowadays.

So in my opinion, for one to rise to the top, to be considered the worst ever, it has be terrible and offensive on so many levels. Not just a bad movie with bad editing or acting or a stupid plot line, or a comedy that was supposed to be funny but wasn't. It has to reach beyone all that to not only make you upset for watching it, but really, truly disgust you and create genuine dislike, possibly hatred, for the people who made it. For that reason, the worse movie of all time is...

Caddyshack 2.

The fact that the same people who created Caddyshack - the epitome of all guy movies, one of the most loved and quoted movies of all time, one of the top sports movies of all time, one that has endured, nay, become even stronger over time - were responsible for this piece of [censored], is honestly depressing. Harold Ramis and Bryan Doyle-Murray, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

To follow up Caddyshack with this? Ugh. A slight twist on the original storyline, just done exceptionally poorly, with absolutely no creativity or humor whatsoever. Honestly, how can you make Ty Webb NOT funny? The missteps in this movie, the absolute sacrilege that every minute of this film becomes to the classic, it's just embarassing. And for some unknown reason, Bushwood becomes some sort of large scale carnival/mini golf course at the end, just a final kick to the groin while we are all already beaten, down on the ground in a heap of pain and shame. I could go on for hours about how bad this is and why, but you get the point. It did have Roz from Night Court, which was about the only bright spot.

I know these guys must have been hard up for cash, but come on. Does that mean it had to be so terrible? Do you think they knew how bad it was when they were making it?

Worst. Movie. Ever.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PEARL [censored] HARBOUR

[/ QUOTE ]

These types of answers are accpetable

People seriously putting the Departed or American Beauty in this thread is unacceptable... even if one disliked these movies the thread is called "The worst movie you've ever seen"

If American Beauty is your least favorite movie, I would bet that you've only seen around 8 movies
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM

Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For that reason, the worse movie of all time is...

Caddyshack 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering how long it would take this awful thread to converge on the real answer.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Without reading the whole thread, I would like to agree that Caddyshack 2 is only worth trying to erase the tape and re-using the cassette for anything else.

I am sure there are literally hundreds of straight to video movies which are bad, but even many of those have some entertainment value. I have particularly gotten laughs and chuckles out of many Troma movies if for no other reason then I can go to a party and say that I have seen Surf Nazi's Must Die. Those movies are certainly not going to be nominated for any academy awards for ...well anything. But they don't try to be a great piece of cinema and I can enjoy them on the level that they are.

However for me, the most insulting, simply put on film to make money, should never have been allowed to be distirbuted etc. is....

Jaws The Revenge (aka Jaws 4)

What makes this movie the worst is that the only purpose of the film was to squeeze a few more dollars out of the I am so scared of sharks crowd. The story is ridiculous, the acting is horrible and it is obvious that no one wants to be a part of this film. Yet it was released in theaters and people lined up to see it.

I realize studios are in business to make money and, to some degree, to create works of art. But every movie should at least try to provide some entertainment value.

When I see movies like The Toxic Avenger or Chopping Mall, I am expecting a county carnival ride, amusing but not the thrills and chills of a great roller coaster.

Even with Jaws The Revenge, my expectations were only that of your average carnival animal freak show. What I got was a dead chicken with scales glued on it trying to be passed off as the missing link.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 AM

While there are hundreds of low rent films that really stink .. here are a couple of mainstream ones that stand out.

By far the biggest let-down movie of all time:
Highlander 2
It was so bad it made the first movie suck. It is now the measuring stick for poorly done sequels. Take for example Oceans 12 .. which was previously mentioned or maybe even Matrix Revolutions. An objective review of either would be .. don't bother, it's Highlander 2.

But my clear nomination for the worst movie ever:
The Thin Red Line.
I have seen many movies .. and have never seen a theatre empty out like at this piece of crap. It was like just the really bad parts of pounding railroad spikes through your ball sack .. repeated over and over again.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Maximum Overdrive: When Authors Direct.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caddyshack 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to forgive a little bit when the movie is trying to be silly and just comes out silly and stupid. Caddyshack 2 was never going to be a good movie just because it was a followup to one of the funniest movies ever. Having Rodney replaced by Jackie Mason doomed it to be one of the most unfunny movies ever.

The movies that try to be smart or clever or try really hard to send a message but fail miserably (Cocktail, Wisdom, Showgirls) are movies I think are beyond bad. Bad scripts, bad acting, and poor execution make bad movies, and there are a ton of movies that have all that and more.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, while I don't feel this is the worst movie ever, I am defintiely in the camp that it is highly overrated. Oh! Japan is weird if you're a lonely American! Okay, got it! Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:21 PM

lady in the water
united 93
the wicker man
epic the movie
code name the cleaner