Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: multiaccounters caught?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What kind of laptops are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

my laptop has a fingerprint scanner

its a mid range toshiba

not sure how common it is though

[/ QUOTE ]

It's right around the corner. Toshiba and the other major laptop manufacturers added fingerprint scanners to the high-end over a year ago. Now the mid-range has them. It's just like CD drives (or later, CD-DVD drives), expensive at first, then dirt cheap.

Don't want to buy a new laptop? Dozens of manufacturers make USB fingerprint scanners. They can be had for as cheap as $25. Good quality is maybe $75.

Also, there are lots of keyboards with integrated fingerprint scanners for $100 or so.

Don't think Stars and FTP will require fingerprint scanners in the near future (end of 2008 at the latest) ? Guess again.

It's either require secure ID of online players or go out of business -- but not because of multiaccounting cheaters, because of bots.

Fingerprint ID and re-ID every hour or so will be required on all online gaming sites. This is the only way to stop bots from killing online gaming.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Lost in all of this is how good of a job FTP is doing with security

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not agree with this. Their policy will surely close the account of at least one innocent. Did they confiscate stealthmunk's money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't think Stars and FTP will require fingerprint scanners in the near future (end of 2008 at the latest) ? Guess again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you taking any action on this?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 AM

gb mantis was also involved......and stealthmunk isnt saying everything im sure JJ was just playing on his accounts, right what a hypocrite this little overweight fat pig is first he gets wubanga banned when wubanga simply turned the other shoulder with the darvin ham incident and got wubanga banned etc but now he does it twice as bad mainly because he PARTCIPATED IN THE ILLEGAL ACTIVITES.

its also rumored that JJ also played for plattsburgh during the 300 rebuy ftp thingy....which wouldnt surprise me in the least bit at all cuz well plattsburgh definitely didnt play that final table i dont care wa any1 says ive seen him play and he was doing stuff he never does. Menlo must have sure been pissed he got robbed of quite some money there

i wonder how many other "ranked" players r multi accounting it was funny when they all tried to cover it up but eventually were just too dumb to keep it together...like mantis, stealthmunk,platts...and probably many more that arent being named. JJ is a punk.

who is redsoxsox, now when i see all these players go deep in big tourneys that just started playing big tourneys out of the blue i know they [censored] cheated and probably had 5 accounts in the tourneys for all we know, id ban all those bitches
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder how many other "ranked" players r multi accounting it was funny when they all tried to cover it up but eventually were just too dumb to keep it together...like mantis, stealthmunk,platts...and probably many more that arent being named. JJ is a punk.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ doesn't give a crap. The only way to stop multiaccounting was to get those people outcast. ZeeJustin felt, rightfully so, that he should amend his wrongs. JJ doesn't feel that way. There's no way of stopping someone who wants to cheat and doesn't care about his reputation.

He wasn't playing on platts account, he was playing through platt, judging by what a lot of solid posters said. There's no way of stopping it.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to highlight the stark difference btwn ZeeJustin and JJprodigy 18 months later. JJ doing more shady stuff and ZJ earning respect with his live game. Those hating online cheaters would do well to focus their ire on those who have not repented. I have great respect for how ZeeJustin has weathered the storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a theory that many if not most of the aces going out of their way to rehabilitate ZeeJustin and other proven cheaters basically just feel guilty that he was caught and they weren't.

Stop telling us the kid deserves a break, NO HE DOES NOT. He's a slimey little card player who cheated not a wounded Iraqi combat veteran who got a DUI. Have some perspective you ignorant wannabees.

If you cheat in any other sport/game, conspire to rig the outcome, the punishment is often a lifetime ban.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What kind of laptops are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

my laptop has a fingerprint scanner

its a mid range toshiba

not sure how common it is though

[/ QUOTE ]

It's right around the corner. Toshiba and the other major laptop manufacturers added fingerprint scanners to the high-end over a year ago. Now the mid-range has them. It's just like CD drives (or later, CD-DVD drives), expensive at first, then dirt cheap.

Don't want to buy a new laptop? Dozens of manufacturers make USB fingerprint scanners. They can be had for as cheap as $25. Good quality is maybe $75.

Also, there are lots of keyboards with integrated fingerprint scanners for $100 or so.

It's either require secure ID of online players or go out of business -- but not because of multiaccounting cheaters, because of bots.

Fingerprint ID and re-ID every hour or so will be required on all online gaming sites. This is the only way to stop bots from killing online gaming.

[/ QUOTE ]You're delusional if you think these places will require you to scan your fingerprint in order to access the games in a year.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 AM

Okay, I think I get it now?
This guy JJ stakes a bunch of shady not so good players in the same tournament. Lets say 10 guys.
When the tournament starts he has them all on aim or irc w/e and maybe helps them out in key pots etc.
Then as the tourney progresses he get more and more involved to a point where he is deciding the action on every hand of the remaning horses deep in the tournament..

Is that how it works?
If so, and he actually never has to log into any accounts this is gonna be impossible to stop.. Unless there somehow is a way to deturent these horses from helping him.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 AM

It seems the saying "lol donkaments" keeps becoming more and more accurate.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 AM

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this, but I'm glad FTP is doing something about it.

I will openly admit though I have no idea how high stakes players transfer money back and forth though.