Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Hurricane Dean Thread

Hurricane Dean is now south of Puerto Rico with sustained winds of 150 mph and will be a Cat 5 very shortly. Most models state that it will make landfall in northern Mexico but its still a ways out and there is a decent chance it will make landfall in TX or Louisiana. I'm sure those of you who live on the Gulf are aware of this storm but no matter where you live you should fill up your gas tank this weekend. Because oil production in the Gulf will cease and there is a chance it could wipe out the refineries around Houston.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Hurricane Dean Thread

omg ship IT
Old 08-18-2007, 04:03 AM

If this thing hits New Orleans and the city floods again you can seriously kiss the city good bye. Nobody would come back.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:36 AM

For the United States, it will all depend on whether or not Dean goes through the straight between Mexico and Cuba. If it does this then somewhere along the Gulf Coast is in REALLY big trouble.

It looks right now like it will clip the Yucatan Peninsula which is a good thing for the U.S., but obviously a horrible thing for Cancun and Cozumel which if the forecast stands will take a direct hit. Of course, the forecast usually changes from day to day as they can't accurately judge these things quite yet.

Ryan
Old 08-18-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this thing hits New Orleans and the city floods again you can seriously kiss the city good bye. Nobody would come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

New Orleans should be completely spared unless this thing takes a massive right turn, which isn't forecast. I'd be real worried if I lived in Texas, though.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:29 AM

About to make direct hit to Jamaica. That island looks like it's going to get wrecked to pieces.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About to make direct hit to Jamaica. That island looks like it's going to get wrecked to pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just in Negril and it didn't look like there were many homes/structures that could withstand anywhere near CAT 4 type winds/rain.. not looking too good for Jamaica
Old 08-18-2007, 02:49 PM

This isn't the ******Official Hurricane D-E-A-N to the Super Bowl****** thread but I'll post in it anyway.

Cruel Sirius radio, I was just listening to it and Super Shuffle dusted off that old Stephen Bishop song "On and On" that starts with "Down in Jamaica they've got lots of pretty women". I hope some of those broads are mermaids.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurricane Dean is now south of Puerto Rico with sustained winds of 150 mph and will be a Cat 5 very shortly. Most models state that it will make landfall in northern Mexico but its still a ways out and there is a decent chance it will make landfall in TX or Louisiana. I'm sure those of you who live on the Gulf are aware of this storm but no matter where you live you should fill up your gas tank this weekend. Because oil production in the Gulf will cease and there is a chance it could wipe out the refineries around Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where you're getting your info, but even the Spaghetti Model outliers don't pose a large threat to Houston.

Stop with the scare-mongering.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How will they be able to tell the difference?