Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 3/6 NL HU video

I have been working on some other matters today and just checked this thread.

We will repost the video with the name blocked out.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 AM

See it as a free 500$ coaching less from one of the best players. I'd be glad to be dissected and learn from my own mistakes.

Unless you are a very weak ABC player with no capabilities to adjust or improve your game the slightest this should be great for you.

One obvious area you can improve on is table selection [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One obvious area you can improve on is table selection [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
You are wrong. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the hands really are in the public domain, there is nothing at all shady about showing them.

As for discussing how you play -- I agree it would be the nice thing to do for the video maker to ask for your consent, especially if you are both regulars, but I don't think he has any obligation to do it. For me, it is like hitting and running, or joining a game that two players clearly want to keep HU. Not strictly wrong, but not polite.

However:
- the video is probably more useful to you than to anyone else, especially if your opponent was a strong player
- where do you draw the line? If it was a 9 handed table would it still be impolite to discuss the game without all 8 opponents' permission? Perhaps the poster above is right and some way of blocking out screen names is best (easy to do with most recording software).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just talking about the bold part, it is not correct to say that the information shown in the video is public, because mucked hands at showdown are NOT shown to observers, thus revealing a TON more information that is only allowed to be had by his opponent.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM

I think OP has a valid point. I wouldn't want my HU matches being analyzed by very good players and then sold for $. Probably best bet is to just block the names next time.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM

I'm a bit turned off by this whole discussion. First...the OP was just voicing his opinion about how he didn't like to be exploited in front of everyone for someone else to profit $ off of. I think its a valid point. Second...that same player...was ridiculed on here by some of the producers of the vids...totally not cool..nor professional. If you want to produce a quality product and have it mass marketed, you should probably learn to do a bit better PR. I know my game needs help..as I have very little time to devote to it..but was thinking of joining your site...to use the videos. After reading this post..there is no way I will..nor will I promote it to other players. Gain some professionalism about how you treat others..and I may reconsider. Good luck guys!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM

dontquit - we can take criticism, but reserve the right to question unfounded criticism.

please point out a post in this thread where a stoxpoker video producer ridicules the OP. I'm tempted to just delete your post outright, which I may still do but wanted to give you a chance to justify your claim.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Why not just block out his name though?

Seems reasonable.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been working on some other matters today and just checked this thread.

We will repost the video with the name blocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 AM

stoxpoker:
"Wowowow you were so bad. You must have improved a ton since then if you're beating 25/50 live. I had you at like 43/13 over 400 hands a year ago. "

www.dictionary.com + ridicule
Closed Thread