Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Should I have folded AA here?

Full ring 5/10c
Folds to me in mid position, I have AcAh and raise to 40c,
SB calls,
Flop is 5d Kh Kc,
SB checks,
I bet 40c,
SB calls,
Turn is Qs,
SB checks,
I check,
River is 9d,
SB goes all in $6.36
I have $7.50 and fold.

A friend was watching me and said I should have called, and have since been doubting my decision.

I realised I showed weakness on the turn when I checked behind him so I suppose a bluff from him could be possible?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Should I have folded AA here?

fold
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 AM

Easy fold. Think about your opponent's thought process. He is not thinking here "Hey he checked the turn, but he probs has AA, I'll bet 18 million times the pot and make him fold it".
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. Think about your opponent's thought process. He is not thinking here "Hey he checked the turn, but he probs has AA, I'll bet 18 million times the pot and make him fold it".

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ignorance but I dont understand your reply. Are you saying I should have called or folded?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy Fold . Think about your opponent's thought process. He is not thinking here "Hey he checked the turn, but he probs has AA, I'll bet 18 million times the pot and make him fold it".

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ignorance but I dont understand your reply. Are you saying I should have called or folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Rodders,

I've just highlighted his recommendation.

PJS
Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 AM

It's a very easy fold, there's nothing you can really beat here except maybe AQ and a bluff. He wasn't drawing to straight or flush on that flop, as played it looks like you are up against a king at the least, more likely a boat.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 AM

I disagree with the other posters. His most likely hand is a pocket pair below the kings - probably a mid pair like 77. If he had the King or a FH, why would he go all in after you showed weakness? Why not make a value bet that you could call? He is trying to scare you off the pot. Easy call.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with the other posters. His most likely hand is a pocket pair below the kings - probably a mid pair like 77. If he had the King or a FH, why would he go all in after you showed weakness? Why not make a value bet that you could call? He is trying to scare you off the pot. Easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only assumption was that if I had a K and he had a boat like someone else mentioned, he thought he would get a call
Old 11-18-2007, 11:08 AM

I have a tendency to think since he waited for the river to go AI. I narrow it to 3 hands, 3 kings, full house, or a straight with J 10 connector. It's not unreasonable to think he made a straight in this situation. I would have folded here as well.
The only reason I feel that he went all in. He was hoping you had 2 pair or 3 of a kind and you would call. Other wise he is not getting all the money out of his hand. Now, my thought process could be all wrong, just my opinion.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM

It seems very sloppy to be a bluff; I think he's going for big value here with a strong hand a lot of the time, so without any reads I like a fold.

More importantly IMO, you unfortunately have very little information to go on here, and it's a tough and fairly rare spot, so I would suggest it's not a very big mistake to call or fold here and for you not to worry about it too much.