Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Default AQ vs. UTG Limper - FR 100NL

I have no stats on this guy and haven't seen him play any hands since I've been at the table.

Pre-flop I had him pegged for JJ-22, AQ-Ts and maybe some other broadway. I feel AA-QQ are a minute % of his range because of all the players behind him that he was inviting with his limp/call pre-flop.

Getting played back at on such a dry board in this situation scares me. I'm inclined to think the majority of the time I'm way behind here. Unless he's pulling a semi bluff with JT the only hands I can include in his range here that I'm ahead of or tied with are AQ, KQ maybe he's getting funky with JJ/TT and of course bluffs. The only hands I'm really worried about are 99 and 44, but it just seems that these two hands are what you are up against in these situations most lot of the time.

Would love to know what you all think. Thanks in advance!

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $43.95
BB: $136.10
UTG: $84.35
UTG+1: $56
MP1: $100
MP2: $85.35
CO: $39
Hero (BTN): $122.05

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, MP2 folds, CO calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $5.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($17.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $35</font>, <font color="red">Hero ????
Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: AQ vs. UTG Limper - FR 100NL

i call and reevaluate turn. non improving card i fold to a bet. improving card i shove. i think most likely hand is AA/KK..maybe fishy AK..