Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about a prvate club with monthly membership fees? Seems like guys have been getting around the laws for years by having this type of setup. This results in no rake, but you still get your expenses covered. And hey, if the guys in your club want to play cards, that's their business.... You are just charging them club dues. Your lawyer buddy might be able to help you here.

Maybe you could call yourselves the "Rabbit Hunting Club of America".

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, are a genius. Absolutely brilliant

[/ QUOTE ]

We have one of these in my area. Some cops are members. Nuff said.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, anyone who leaves with more than $200 kicks in another $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the way that someone who is leaving with $199 ends up leaving with more than someone who makes $200 in this case.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Kurt, I realize I had misread your post when I PM'd you earlier... yeah, a room like that would be workable. I'm also considering warehouse loft type of spaces, or just a low-rent storefront. Whatever, that's down the road. For right now I love where we are now, and if I could find a similar place, that would serve mid-term future needs.

I agree that taking $5 at the end is a bit awkward. As to cashing for $199, I was thinking that anything from $199.25 to $200 cashes for $195. But whatever, that's too prone to argument, as that's when the money is getting put in the person's hand. I don't like the idea of charging off of every rebuy, because why make the losing players feel worse? So we'll just go with the $5 off the initial buyin and be done with it. I think people easily drink enough whiskey for that price anyway.

But with the tourneys, 10% off the top is a bit more reasonable, as people are expecting either a big payday or nothing.

Again, I really appreciate all the feedback on this, even if I haven't addressed you directly. I'm in talks with my boss on how to best reduce my hours at work, and I'm making my bankroll liquid in order to take shots at higher games live. This is all part of a lifestyle adjustment attempt. If it works, great, living the dream. If not, oh well, no harm no foul. Worst case scenario, I make some new friends in jail.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM

I think once people get used to this, and if it gets going and stays strong, a time charge of total of the blinds once an hour would be easily workable and also something nobody would feel, "oh, that's outrageous". Hell, that's what we pay for the 7-2 game. That's of coure still very low, but it's a good gradual increase. Also if tournaments grow, take a higher percentage. I don't want to kill anybody's expected value in the game or take a lot of money off the table, only increase house take as the game grows.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst case scenario, I make some new boyfriends in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 AM

lol has your website really not been updated for 14 years