Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 02-28-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 100k stat check

Yup, my goal is to take money out each month to get out of debt. December and January were very good but February sucked just a bit. I'm not real interested in moving up limits but have been thinking about trying some 6 max.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, my goal is to take money out each month to get out of debt. December and January were very good but February sucked just a bit. I'm not real interested in moving up limits but have been thinking about trying some 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 6-max is definitely the way of the future especially at Party. Check out this post I recently made regarding showing down more marginal hands which is an important skill in 6max.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 PM

100K at .5/1 is a bit rediculous, but to each his own I guess.

Depending on your win rate, move up.

Anyway, here's what I read from your stats.

24% VPIP is a little high, but it's fine if you are aggressive. But you aren't.

Generally speaking, your PFR should be about 1/2 your VPIP. Where you're at, it's about 1/3. Where you are losing thos extra percentages of aggression is in your Blind Stealing %.

17% is way too low. Should be closer to 30+ I would guess.

Remember, you steal from the CO also. 66 was used as an example. Do you limp it or raise it from the CO or the button?

The CORRECT answer is RAISE! 55, 44, 33, 22. Let me reiterate. You are on a STEAL. You are not playing your cards, you are playing position. It's nice to have semi-decent cards to fall back on, but not really a necessity.

Everyone folds, and you raise 55 from the CO. You want the button to fold, and you want the SB to fold. If the BB comes along with his A7os, that's fine. He has 50/50 against you, but he doesn't know that.

Flop comes KQ3r, he checks, you bet, he folds. Simple game really. Or he bets, you raise, he folds.

The same goes with hands like A5s. A limp in earlier position, but from the CO or button, it's a raise.

But you have to have kind of a read on your blinds. If they are going to call EVERY raise with anything, and call down the entire way with any pair, then it's probably not wise to try to steal with your lesser hands.

The quick fix for your aggression problems is to go play 6-max. Download the charts and just follow them for a while. This will get your late-position aggression jumpstarted.

I hope that helps.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 PM

This is a stat check...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 PM

You were only at 1.44BB/100 back then? I have you in my pokertracker at 12BB/100!

(Of course, that's only over 18 hands, but oh, what a glorious 18 hands they were!)