Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: August Cheese(LC)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe i'm stupid, but didn't you have him outkicked with 88887 versus his 88886?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but what do you think my reaction was when the river hit?
...and yeah, I did win.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

"I JUST MADE QUADS."
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe i'm stupid, but didn't you have him outkicked with 88887 versus his 88886?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but what do you think my reaction was when the river hit?
...and yeah, I did win.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

"well [censored]"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's precisely it. I cursed and showed it to my gf before checking the river. Then I laughed.

-d
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Live 4/8 at the local card room.

I've played with the villain in question many, many, many times before. He is very tight, but plays far too weak and misses value all the time. He also knows that I for the most part play a pretty straightforward TAG style in these crazy 4/8 games.

Villain is UTG+1 and raises, 2 callers, I 3-bet AKs in the SB, and the BB caps it! We call and everyone else folds. BB is a pretty horrible player who has a lot of chips in front of him. If he raises he generally has the goods.

Flop is T99. I check, BB bets, villain calls, I call.

Turn is an A. I check with the intention to raise, BB bets out, Villain raises now, I 3-bomb that [censored] as intended and BB folds.

Here’s where it gets interesting: Villain blurts out “are you freaking kidding me? AWWWW… he has Aces” and then folds his hand faceup. What’s his hand do you ask? TT. LOL! When I see this I say “woooow dude, that is crazy”. I then flip over my AKs and he goes on life tilt.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Yo Meep, you missed a bet, you fish
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 4/8 at the local card room.

I've played with the villain in question many, many, many times before. He is very tight, but plays far too weak and misses value all the time. He also knows that I for the most part play a pretty straightforward TAG style in these crazy 4/8 games.

Villain is UTG+1 and raises, 2 callers, I 3-bet AKs in the SB, and the BB caps it! We call and everyone else folds. BB is a pretty horrible player who has a lot of chips in front of him. If he raises he generally has the goods.

Flop is T99. I check, BB bets, villain calls, I call.

Turn is an A. I check with the intention to raise, BB bets out, Villain raises now, I 3-bomb that [censored] as intended and BB folds.

Here’s where it gets interesting: Villain blurts out “are you freaking kidding me? AWWWW… he has Aces” and then folds his hand faceup. What’s his hand do you ask? TT. LOL! When I see this I say “woooow dude, that is crazy”. I then flip over my AKs and he goes on life tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

jen tilly?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Funny story, but one question lingers: why exactly do you check-three-bet a single pair on a paired board? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny story, but one question lingers: why exactly do you check-three-bet a single pair on a paired board? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

duh, so they'll fold their flopped FH.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Haha, oh, yeah, I forgot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I should remember that play...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM

I was waiting for someone to call me on that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. It was kind of a heat of the moment thing where I was planning on c/r and didn't expect it to be raised getting back to me ... then I just raised anyways as I was originally planning.

FWIW I don't think the pairing of the board really affects the hand much, as the only 9 they have here is 99. But yeah the 3bet is probably bad, and if I just call BB probably does too. I likely win less when I'm ahead and lose more when behind with the line I took. Except, you know, those times when you somehow bet rocks off their flopped FH :P.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 AM

KK < JT
QQ < 98
QQ < 76
TT < 95
AQ < K3 on AQ75 board, hit his flush

And somehow only minus 274 playing 9-18...VICTORY!
Closed Thread