Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Pancreatitis

[ QUOTE ]
Were you sick when we saw one another last month? I remember you had to go home earlier than expected, and something about not wanting to sit for a long time - its all hazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nooo. I just forgot my seat cushion and Binion's had none at the time (they have since stocked up). Their chairs are pretty bad.

The GI says I've probably been having attacks for a while, but just ignoring them since the symptoms were so mild. This one is a biggie.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best wishes on your recovery. On a side note, beset brought it to my attention that the tone in the Omaha High forum might be a bit too much. He claims that threads get dominated by trash-talking between 3 or 4 posters, and even though they are good posters things have gone downhill in general. He said he doesnt expect me to fix it but that people are messaging him complaining , given that he used to be mod there. He says there are some people in those threads daily that could maybe smooth things out as mod.

Although some of the threads will have bickering within them, the OP's are on topic and post hands they want input on, and input is what they receive. Sometimes that input will have some berating and bickering attached and it may derail the thread to an extent and some ppl may feel it takes away from the forum, but this is somewhat common in any strat forum, although maybe moreso in PLO. I think the forum is far from in crisis, but I could be wrong. What are your opinions on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is how the PLO forum has always worked. Whenever I've tried to "fix it" I get feedback from everyone that they liked it better being able to argue all of the time. I finally just took Mat's approach and let them duke it out on their own. I lock spamming threads, obvious things, etc, but mostly let them moderate themselves, which is to mean no moderation. They seem to like it that way, and I only get a complaint here and there, mostly by newbies, who tend to become like the regular crew once they play enough PLO and find out how frustrating it is.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
buzz would be the best moderator if he was around ever. have you guys read his posts? they are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

He honestly might be one of the top 10 best strategy posters on the site, he is sick good.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM

Felica, AJ,

Yeah, I'm mostly in the school of "let them work their stuff out on their own."

At some point though, if the Ribbo/Troll Inc "debates" continue they will just have gone too far. For a couple of guys who play like .5/1 and 1/2 they sure do a lot of telling everyone else (mostly each other) they suck and don't know what they are talking about. This isn't so bad but they appear to intend to start a bunch of threads basically calling each other out. That, to me, is pretty lame. When you add "all stars" like BluffThis to the mix, it can get ugly quick.

Anyways, feel better quick!

c
Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Fair enough, and once again gl on a speedy recovery.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Felicia: Get well soon!

All: As has been said, Buzz is awesome.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buzz would be the best moderator if he was around ever. have you guys read his posts? they are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

He honestly might be one of the top 10 best strategy posters on the site, he is sick good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz is teh awesome.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Get well soon felicia.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia: Get well soon!

All: As has been said, Buzz is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I smell a "draft Buzz" movement brewing. i rarely read the O8 forum but I would at least once a week if he posted more often - he is teh awesome!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 PM

i echo every post wookie has made in this thread