Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 AM

Default in which I only complete 99 from the SB

No reads, second hand at table.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, marchron completes, BB checks.

UB 3/6 has a 1/3 blind structure, so I had to pay $2 just to complete, and a raise would be $5. I decided that was too much to pay for being OOP to the world. Maybe another limper and I raise just for set equity alone. TT I'd auto-raise.

Have I lost my mind here, or just my spine?

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
marchron . . .

Good flop, but one that's fraught with danger. I, however, have a very well-disguised hand. How do I go from here?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: in which I only complete 99 from the SB

i don't raise 99 preflop here.

bet/3bet
Old 06-23-2007, 02:20 AM

I don't think the structure makes much difference on the hands you raise in this spot. You're definitely at least calling so either way it's only costing you 1SB more to raise.

I haven't played fullring in awhile so I've got no idea what type of hands people limp, but I can say I'd definitely raise TT and definitely limp 88. I think limping is fine as we're OOP and bloating the pot is only really gonna be good if we flop a set. The flop will often not be worth continuing on.

Lead the flop and hope to 3 bet.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:33 AM

march ron do you ever lose a hand? lol

bet obv
Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the structure makes much difference on the hands you raise in this spot. You're definitely at least calling so either way it's only costing you 1SB more to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Maybe I'm giving DavidC a run for the "Nit Of The Month" award he's won every month for the last three years, or maybe I'm totally talking out of my ass, but this is how I look at it:

Assume the BB and all of the limpers will always call. If I raise, I'm investing $5 more to get $12 more into the pot. So, in a way, I'm giving myself 12-5 or 2.4-1 "odds" on the raise.

Now let's instead pretend that we're playing some bizarre structure where I post a live $5 blind but it still remains $3 to call preflop. If I "raise," I'm only putting in another $1 to get the same $12 into the pot, giving myself 12-1 "odds." In theory, it would be then profitable to raise with anything I'd be willing to take 12-1 odds on to strictly call.

Am I making the slightest bit of sense at all?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assume the BB and all of the limpers will always call. If I raise, I'm investing $5 more to get $12 more into the pot. So, in a way, I'm giving myself 12-5 or 2.4-1 "odds" on the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be correct if you was going to either raise or fold, but it's between call or raise, so you only count the odds you're getting on the $3 raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Now let's instead pretend that we're playing some bizarre structure where I post a live $5 blind but it still remains $3 to call preflop. If I "raise," I'm only putting in another $1 to get the same $12 into the pot, giving myself 12-1 "odds." In theory, it would be then profitable to raise with anything I'd be willing to take 12-1 odds on to strictly call.

Am I making the slightest bit of sense at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but doesn't really relate to the actual hand.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 AM

looks like you flopped a set. I think I'd start putting money in the pot right away.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Yeah you are still getting 4:1 on the raise. Even if you can't complete you are still getting 5:1 and should certainly do it.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Call most of the time, raise it infrequently.

Lead that flop.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you can't complete you are still getting 5:1 and should certainly do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

when and why would you not be able to complete with this?