Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

Great - glad this thing got started.

I'm looking through my stats, and the people to who/whom I've lost the most money/have given my the most problems are:

(1) sunbeam100 - this person has taken a TON of money from me, but the name doesn't even ring a bell, for some reason...

(2) TeeJayOrTJ - guess I didn't know he was 2+2 before I tried tangling with him - well, I certainly remember him wrecking my [censored] up - ugh

(3) silverlion99 - I don't feel like this guy is THAT good, but he's taken me for a good chunk of change. silver, if you're out there, you may be better than I know...

(4) Kid Canepa - this guy totally wrecked me the couple times I've played him. I'm not sure if it was a fluke, but the experience was horrible...

(5) dbeckham7467 - dude is in about 10 games at once on stars. he hasn't taken THAT much from me, but he definitely makes me uncomfortable if he's on my left.

(6) balvenie - dude loves to three-bet, and plays his hands VERY aggressively. I don't like playing with this mofo.

(7) sweetessence - seems solid - only way I'll play this mofo is if he's on my left and there are idiots in the game...

(8) marchinvest2 - I generally try to avoid any games in which this multi-tabler is found - it ain't easy...

That's it for now - I may have more names to add later...

-Brass
Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 PM

lol ty brass for getting some discussion started. i don't think i have anything on any of the previous 2+2ers, but i have a bit on some of the guys you mentioned:

marchinvest, dbeckham = seem to be good from the few hundred hands i've played with them

some others that i see playing often:

jbarnes49222--pretty sure he is a 2+2er (not sure who), but over 600 hands he's 23/10, which is strange

GMHawkeye--seems pretty decent

jnfpoker--2+2er, started a thread last week asking for opinions. A few people noticed he could be pretty spewy, which i have noticed too. I think he's pretty good if he can control his tilt (i'm assuming the spewy hands were tilt).
Old 04-05-2007, 10:47 PM

Lurker here, I agree Kid Canepa is very good, avoid at all costs.

Marchinvest is very solid.

Dbeckham is usually good but today saw him tilting after terrible luck against donkies. Sounds like my spewing when the same happens to me.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 PM

Chez,
I'm sure you know your vpip/pfr #'s aren't as high as a lot of the other reg's. If you don't mind sharing, to what extent has this affected your swings, tilt (or lack thereof)?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chez,
I'm sure you know your vpip/pfr #'s aren't as high as a lot of the other reg's. If you don't mind sharing, to what extent has this affected your swings, tilt (or lack thereof)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never used to tilt at all but recently I've been very bad (under control again now I hope). I don't think the tilt is related to my vip/pfr but its sure been responsible for a downwards 'swing'

Its tough to compare swings with styles I don't play but arent they simply related to win rates, so if I'm a 1BB/100 winner (which I used to be [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) then I swing much the same as a 30/20 1 BB/100 winner?

chez
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chez,

[/ QUOTE ]
I never used to tilt at all but recently I've been very bad (under control again now I hope). I don't think the tilt is related to my vip/pfr but its sure been responsible for a downwards 'swing'

Its tough to compare swings with styles I don't play but arent they simply related to win rates, so if I'm a 1BB/100 winner (which I used to be [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) then I swing much the same as a 30/20 1 BB/100 winner?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

chez,

care to share your vpip/pfr so i know what's considered "tight" these days?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Vent:

I hate when people play mor than 5 tables @ 5/10.

reason:
There's often only 5-15 tables at one time. I hate playing with the same boring predictable TAG's who I barely profit off of over and over again. Makes for an uninteresting game. Poker is not only about making money believe it or not I also play for fun.
Here's a tip, stop being a pussy, learn how to play better poker and move up stakes.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chez,

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

chez,

care to share your vpip/pfr so i know what's considered "tight" these days?

[/ QUOTE ]
21/16 and I've loosened up a bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cardlogs32 seems very decent and I notice he is 21/16 as well.

chez
Old 04-06-2007, 12:08 AM

ok, at about 24/17 even i'm beginning to feel like a nit these days [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
21/16 and I've loosened up a bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cardlogs32 seems very decent and I notice he is 21/16 as well.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit is this? 21/16 is very tight. If it's like 5/10, I'd have serious doubts about that being a winning style. Certainly not optimal IMO.