Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Returning to the game - Need site advice

I'm cross-posting this here, because I'd like to hear input from people who I know play the same game/level that I do.

I've been away from poker since recently after the Frist fiasco, although my reasons for leaving were unrelated. What that does mean, though, is that I have very little idea what the current poker landscape is. I'm looking to get back into the game, and need input as to what site best fits my needs. The details:

I mostly play limit, 2/4 - 3/6, and prefer full ring games. I'm looking for a site with a good combination of (relatively) soft games at those levels and rakeback for long term profitability. Bonuses are fine, but are mostly a side note. Also important to me is easy deposits/withdrawals... what is the money transfer side of poker like these days anyway? Yeah, I know, that's a separate question.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Returning to the game - Need site advice

Hey BJJ,

Do you have any rakeback accounts? Games are probably a bit tighter than you remember since the legislation. I would say FT is best for game selection though if you get a bonus there it will be deducted from your MGR. Suxor!

Stars is probably going to be okay for selection, but few bonuses and no RB.

BTW, he's a U.S. customer guys so many other options won't be available to him.

? BBJ, how are you depositing? I havne't found a method that I want to use since everything clammed up. I hate fees though.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Returning to the game - Need site advice

I have rakeback at Absolute, no accounts at any of the other currently available sites (previously played at Party and Paradise). Full Tilt is looking like a good option; I'm looking for something that will be longer term than clearing the bonus would take, so I'm not too concerned about the impact of bonuses on my MGR. I figure it may make the bonus less useful, but I'll still make more off it than if there were no bonus at all, and since I'm looking for something long-term where I plan to log a lot of hands, it's just that: "Bonus". Stars is also an option, but lack of rackback is a problem and I really don't like how many of their deposit methods are unavailable to US players...

As for depositing, I don't know yet, but I'll give you a trip report on whatever method I decide to go with. MyWebATM looks tempting at Full Tilt, but I'll have to look more closely at it before I sign up.