Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Future of the MMB forum discussion

[ QUOTE ]
How about full size screenshots of our site with the URL clearly visible?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an idea MEbenhoe and I were just chatting about on AIM. Give us some time to conference with the bosses before we make any final decisions.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:08 AM

Evan said this in the other thread:

[ QUOTE ]

Think about how much more valuable the discussion could be if we had threads about how to brainstorm ideas, what steps are necessary for expanding from X size to Y size, how to raise money from outside investors, what new technology trends have the highest margins, etc. Wouldn't you rather see that than 100 posts about why someone's CTR is 20% lower than their friend's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I could careless between the two. Neither are interesting to read. But I'll ask the people that actually POST here... not the mods who are mods and never post advice.

Would you rather read "what steps are necessary for expanding from X size to Y size, how to raise money from outside investors, what new technology trends have the highest margins, etc."

or

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9504592

and

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8869239

If Evan and MEbenhoe want threads on specific topics than start making those threads and offering your valuable input. People post what they're interested in. Not what you're interested in.

Cheers,

Josh
Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 AM

Josh, did I accidentally piss in your cheerios?

Congrats on making 40k in 7 months.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 AM

No sense in fighting it, just continue to use other marketing forums that are available and leave this one.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No not at all. I have nothing wrong with you in particular. What i'm trying to get across is it really seems like the posters want different topics here than the mods do.

Is that simple enough to understand without resorting to dumb comments?

Cheers,

Josh
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 AM

btw josh, I don't see why you couldn't make either of those threads today. I just skimmed them and I'm kinda tired so maybe I'm missing some hyperspam or something, but it looks like one's about setting up a blog over a few months and one is about what you do every day to check your adsense. Am I right?

If I am, I don't really get your post. Obviously you're not under the impression that people can only post on the random string of topic ideas I listed, right?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No not at all. I have nothing wrong with you in particular. What i'm trying to get across is it really seems like the posters want different topics here than the mods do.

Is that simple enough to understand without resorting to dumb comments?

Cheers,

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]
Listen man, I've responded to a lot of bitchy posts today where people specifically attacked me for things that I didn't do. I'll try to break down the post you partially quoted and make it clearer.

1) New enforcement of existing rules prohibits links to sites you're affiliated with
2) A lot of the threads in this forum have posts like that
3)Therefore a lot of the threads that people are used to making cannot be made in the future
4) To try to help the forum I suggested topics that I thought were interesting that complied with the rules, I did not in any way force people to post things related to these topics
5) There is no 5, that's how simple this is

I know people don't post things because I'm interested in them. Don't complain about my post containing dumb comments if you're going to "inform" me of stuff like that, okay?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM

87% of the guys here are into web-site-revenue-generation via AdSense, etc.

To all of you: learn something about SEO and most of your problems are solved. The remaining guys that are into starting a non-web business are just going to have to get creative in terms of finding and deploying resources.

This is what getting started is all about.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Evan,

I understand your desire to bring discussions to the next level. However, a lot of posters here (like myself), are just stepping into this world. We are not ready for these advanced topics. We need people to show us what we are doing wrong with the basics.

To use another stupid poker analogy, killing the ability to link to sites (IMO) is similar to getting rid of low-stakes NL and requiring those posters to post constructive HSNL posts.

I understand 2p2's advertising policies, but at the same time, it really puts a detriment on this forum.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 AM

I rarely stop by here if ever anymore. The fact is there are better forums for internet marketing as well as traditional business.

The only reason I come here is because I have respect for a lot of the posters, and most of us share a poker background, so it is a nice community, but....

The fact that we can't post links, or even have a sig with a link, is just ridiculous.

2+2 gained it's success because of online poker. Poker, unfortunately, is dying. If they want to continue to enjoy the success they should be doing everything they can to save the forum.

Not allowing posts or discussion on topics that members are actively requesting is probably the best way to kill a forum fast.

The advertising policy is BS. You want us to fill your website with quality content so we attract more visitors and advertising revenues, yet we can't even post a f'n link to our website to get some feedback from fellow members?

This forum is dying, and no one is doing a damn thing to stop it.