Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: UTG (25/13) limps and you from the button make it $9 to go. Folded to the UTG limper who reraises
55 9 50.00%
AQo 1 5.56%
AJs 1 5.56%
JTs 4 22.22%
76s 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Karaoke

Best and worst experience for me was Karoake outside of one o the residential areas here at Umass. The mic wasn't loud at all, they weren't able to get the monitor working so people could see the words, and the music didn't work all too well. Completely sober, I did "Let the bodies hit the floor" by Drowning Pool acapella. It was probably horrible, but I got 1st place over 5 or 6 other people. I'll take it.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Note: If an OOT Karaoke supergroup ever forms, I reserve the right to come out of retirement for one final performance.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq - if you come to LA let us go out and "noraebang" - entails getting a private room (standard room fits up to 12 people or so), get boozed up while karaoking, with many opps to sing your favorite toonz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Al, that would be awesome. Any chance of hooking up a meeting with skunk, LFS, 'cardo, CharlieDontSurf, PJ, and others? I know some non-2+2 people in LA, but not many, most people from there seem to move here.

Never heard of what you're referring to BTW.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq - if you come to LA let us go out and "noraebang" - entails getting a private room (standard room fits up to 12 people or so), get boozed up while karaoking, with many opps to sing your favorite toonz.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally read that as oppas and thought you were playing the Korean-FOB-girl card which would've been awesome.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM

tuq, if you ever come to visit LA, I hope RJ drops by real briefly just to tell you that you suq.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:57 PM

I have never done it, but if I did get drunk and do it, only a good Air Supply tune could suffice.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM

I would never ever attend karaoke while sober. I've done it many times totally drunk though, it's loads of fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I usually sing old Finninsh songs, like "a drop ain't killing you" or whatever I can't translate it, from Irwin Goodman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-10-2007, 03:01 PM

karaoke sucks ass and the people who take it seriously likely have a lent collection and/or a large number of cats at home.

PS: How are the cats doing Tuq?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Tuq - definitely - we should also start a thread that vaguely alludes to the karaoke participants and outing, and then we all start chiming in and ignore other posters [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh and for your edification (Karaoke Box = KTV (for Taiwanese) = Noraebang (for Koreanz)):

[ QUOTE ]
Karaoke Box is a variant of karaoke that is popular in East Asia. It features a small to medium-sized private room containing karaoke equipment for a group of friends to rent in timed increments. A monitor in the room displays lyrics atop a themed music video. The music videos are often not the official videos, but are videos made especially for KTV establishments. A typical KTV establishment contains 10-20 such rooms as well as a main "karaoke bar" area in the front. KTV centers can scale to hundreds of rooms and can be extremely opulent. KTV establishments often sell refreshments.

KTVs are a common pastime in places such as Taiwan and China. Very successful KTV chains in Taiwan include Holiday KTV and Cashbox KTV.

"KTV" is an abbreviation for karaoke television, derived as a reference to "MTV", which means "music video" in Asian languages. The name varies across countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al
Old 01-10-2007, 03:43 PM

tug,

FYI, those places generally involve banging in those booths.