Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Daybreak - Anyone else watching?

Just finished watching the 3rd episode tonight...pretty entertaining. Am I the only one still watching?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 AM

I'm still watching, thought tonights episode was good, the show seems to finally be going somewhere
Old 12-07-2006, 02:19 AM

Tonight's episode was my favorite one so far. I wonder if they're ever going to explain why he actually goes through the same day over and over again or if they'll just avoid the question by saying that "He was being given a chance to make things right".
Old 12-07-2006, 08:03 PM

I doubt they'll explain anything in the end but who knows. think the crazy dude in jail is going through it too, or is just crazy? confused about the hourglass if the guy is jail but we'll see I guess. last two episodes were really good, next week looks good too. The "its in the front seat" copout was lame but oh well. Also hopper was too obliviously dumb this episode. Also the bad guy's "I'm reminded of another detective hopper" was obviously referring to his dad. Duh.

I also really hated the "andrea magically checks her b/f into rehab in the morning" thing that kinda skews the premise IMO, I think I'd prefer a straight groundhog day ending for the finale where he does it all perfectly, but that would probably take up too much time.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:06 PM

I thought that the crazy white dude was going to reveal that hes going through it too, but then he bit him and I was just confused.

I don't really understand: Does he have to do everything perfect on the last "day" before he moves onto the next day? For example, does he have to go save that lady from the bus again? Because if not, she'll die right?

Explain Andrea magically checking her BF into rehab? I mean, I remember her saying that, but what was her reasoning again? She "just felt different" that morning or something like that? Yeah, I agree- thats pretty weak. The other characters shouldn't change that much each time he relives the day unless he does something different. Its a cop out ot have them change on their own, and it renders everything that happened regarding that in the previous episode meaningless.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:55 PM

Another very good episode last night imo. Gotta love the reactions of some of the bad guys when they're surprised at how he could possibly know so much. What was up with his sister shooting Chad though?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:42 AM

THIS SUCKS!

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...D8M1M2R0D.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) - ABC has turned off the lights for "Day Break" and "Show Me the Money." The low-rated series airing back-to-back on Wednesday have been pulled by the network.

The failure of "Day Break," a crime thriller starring Taye Diggs, foiled ABC's plan to effectively fill the slot vacated by "Lost" when it went on hiatus after six episodes.

ABC said Friday that repeats of the comedies "George Lopez" and "According to Jim" will air in the 9 p.m. EST time slot that "Day Break" held only briefly. The show, which debuted Nov. 15, attracted fewer than 4.5 million viewers last week and ranked 99th.

On Jan. 3, the sitcoms "Knights of Prosperity" and "In Case of Emergency" will debut in the 9-10 p.m. EST Wednesday time period. When "Lost" returns Feb. 7 with 16 new episodes it will move to 10 p.m. EST Wednesday.

ABC gave "Lost" an extended break to avoid airing repeats of the densely plotted show and provoking fan irritation.

"Show Me the Money," hosted by William Shatner, will be replaced in the short term by sitcom reruns, ABC said. The network had hoped to duplicate the success of NBC's "Deal or No Deal" but the shrinking audience for Shatner's show had dropped to 7.1 million last week.

"Deal or No Deal," in comparison, attracted more than 17 million viewers the same week.

Viewers will be able to follow "Day Break" online at ABC.com, at least for now. Thirteen episodes of the show were produced but an ABC spokeswoman wasn't sure if all remaining episodes would be available at the web site.

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. NBC is owned by General Electric Co. (GE)
Old 12-21-2006, 01:29 AM

I agree ... this sucks.

I just sat down to watch tonights episode on my DVR and realized there was no show because ABC had cancelled it. I know I'm really looking foward to "According to Jim" reruns instead of "Day Break"

I checked ABC.com and no new episode was up yet ... hopefully they will put up the rest of the season.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:37 AM

I'm never watching a new show again till its been on for at least 3 months and has gotten awesome ratings.

How do they expect to build audiences if they cancel everthing after 6-10 weeks?

Six Degrees, The Nine, and now Daybreak.

[censored] You ABC.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:00 AM

Thing is.... alot of ppl tivo or download episodes off the internet. I know I do. I dont have time to sit down every week at the same time to watch a tv show. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] kinda sucks shows get axed cuz of this.