Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM

Default zomg i folded a frush draw for 2 bets on the turn

Live 10 playing 8 handed.

An UTG loose limper, an MP loose limper, and button raises. Button is a decent player and a modest winner in the game, but has obvious leaks like limping Q9o in MP, defending his BB after an UTG raise with A6o, and slowplaying big hands frequently. I defend my BB with 6d7d, and the limpers call.

Flop is AsKd4c. It checks around.

Turn is the 2d. It checks to the MP limper, who bets. The button raises quickly. I fold?

ps - the reason i've posted these two hands back to back is that i have a sneaking suspicion that i played them backwards

Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: zomg i folded a frush draw for 2 bets on the turn

What's the pot at right now, 7.25 BB? If MP just calls then we're getting 8.25:2 so our needed 4.125:1 plus add a couple of implied BBs. But if Button was slowplaying a monster (AA, KK or AK) then that might eliminate our Ad and 4d outs, so we might be down to 7 outs. That, and MP could 3bet. I'd probably have a tough time figuring this out in the heat of battle but I think a fold might not be terrible.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM

tiny pot fine fold
Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM

It looks to me that after the rake this pot is around 7 BB, so you are getting 3.5:1 on a cold call here. The players behind you could call, which would get you up to 4.1:1. On the other hand the MP could three bet too. There is also the chance that somebody has a better diamond flush draw. Given the marginal odds on a small flush draw, I think this fold is good.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Meh....I think this goes either way on the EV. If I could pick up a live tell that the remaining player in the pot was going to call, I'd call. If I couldn't I'd just drop it. You could be up against the Ace high flush draw here a decent amount of the time, and that would be bad....