Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Eating At the Table -- Yes or No?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't allow it when I host. People had been showing up with burritos, pizza, sausage subs, and eating them at the table while playing cards. No more. I also don't allow eating at the table of anything that is greasy, like potato chips. I don't mind pretzels, but anything that gets your hands dirty, I don't want at the table. I like to keep my table, chips, and cards, clean of that stuff.

Am I being reasonable or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what atmosphere you're trying to establish and what types of players you have coming.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:45 PM

Eating at home poker sucks. It's always greasey food that gets on the cards and the chips. Nothing you can do about it though people are there to have a good time so I accept it
Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 PM

I loath letting people eat at my table at home. It cost like $2500 bucks and is a bitch to clean when crumbs get over the felt and grease on the leather. I also forbid chewing tobacco and only serve bottled water as drinks.

Whenever I have people over they always bitch at me to get them food. It's probably the most annoying thing ever. I'm not here to entertain you.. your here to play poker! I usually stall for like 3 hours then go upstairs and get the shittiest bag of non-greasy food I can find.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:55 PM

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't care about my tables, cards, chips that much. I mean, I don't serve nachos or cheese fries, but if guys want to eat something, and drink something, fine. They're adults.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 AM

I don't allow brought-in food at my table (they can sit out and eat, wash up and come back in). I do provide non-greasy snacks like candy, cookies, pretzels, and pizza for breaks.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 PM

No friggin' way am I allowing these drunken stoners to eat meals at the table. I like my table, I like my felt, I like my chips, I like my cards. We have other tables and surfaces.

In cash games, they eat away from the table. In tourneys, we have time for dinner, and the occasional slice of pizza later in the evening is put on side tables. Nothing messier than that allowed.

Besides, do you want to handle cards, chips, and money while you eat food that requires licking your fingers? Eew.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't allow brought-in food at my table (they can sit out and eat, wash up and come back in). I do provide non-greasy snacks like candy, cookies, pretzels, and pizza for breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kinda pizza do you eat?

As a drunken stoner, if I do provide food, I provide finger food away from the table with no plates, and plenty of napkins. Hasn't been a problem yet, but if someone sat at the table with greasey fingers, I would aask them to wash their hands. If anyone complains, tell 'em their greasey fingers mark the cards and others will support you, not that you need a reason, or support in your own home. It is just nice to have, so you don't have to kick some argumentative a-hole out of your game.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 AM

Where can I buy a non-greasy pizza? That would be awesome!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:31 PM

A slice or two of cold pizza (we take a break for dinner proper) eaten on a side table with a napkin isn't nearly as big of a potential mess as someone scarfing down his meatball sub and pile of fries with ketchup while managing rebuys. DUCY?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:03 PM

I say you’re being reasonable. It’s not only rude to damage your property with greasy food, a cheat could use it to mark the cards.